Sign in to follow this  
Guest mfelicio

The biggest commercial flight of one 747!!

The biggest comerial flight is between KORD/VHHH (United Airlines). Somebody knows a flight bigger that this?Mauricio

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

hello,the greatest flight is KSEA/REUNION into 777 Boby,

Continental does Newark - Hong Kong using a 777...the great circle distance is about 300 miles longer than Chicago - Hong Kong. I believe Singapore Airlines just recently started non-stop service between Singapore and both Los Angeles and Newark using an A340-500. Singapore to Newark is nearly 8300 NM (more than 1000 NM longer than Newark - Hong Kong)...I believe that's the longest non-stop operated by a scheduled airline. EDIT: LAX-SYD is a little shorter than ORD-HKG

I thought it was London-Sydney?- Neeraj?

>I thought it was London-Sydney?>>- Neeraj?Key word there is "was". I don't believe that route is done non-stop anymore.I believe the intial poster is correct. In the little time I searched, I couldn't find anything longer using a 747.

Has London - Sydney ever been operated directly?Steve?

>He was talking about 747 flights ;)d'oh...ok, guess I should read the subject line closer.Then, yes, ORD-HKG is the longest as far as I know. I doubt a 747 ever operated LHR-SYD in scheduled service...it's nearly 9200 NM great circle distance between the airports.EDIT: for a short period (pre-9/11) UAL operated JFK-HKG with a 747. That's about 200 NM longer than ORD-HKG.

>Has London - Sydney ever been operated directly?>>Steve?Not as a fully operational service. QF once did a 744 delivery via LHR and it went direct to SYD...but of course it had no pax, cargo, food and so on so it had the range to do it :)Henry

Athlon 64-bit 3400, 1Gb Corsair DDR, 160/80 Gb SATA HDs, HIS ATI Radeon X800 XT PE ICEQ II, Audigy 2 ZS 7.1

http://www.airline-images.co.uk

KORD-VHHH : 7794 nmEGLL-RJAA : 5974 nmKJFK-RJAA : 6745 nmKLAX-YSSY : 7488 nmKEWR-VHHH : 8065 nmNewark wins by 271 nm!!!Jeff

Well if KLAX-YSSY is 7488 nm then the year round service operated by QF ER's from YMML-KLAX is 7903nm.This has been until recently the longest year round service operated by the 400.There are longer routes but none of them until recently are year round and i dont think they are 400 operated.ANyone else got some more info.Darren

Longest nonstop freighter service (incl. payload) I have seen so far was ELLX-PHKO (Luxembourg- Keahole Kona/Hawaii)... this was for the occasion of flying the trimarans for "Waterworld" ;-) to the filming location :-)You can guess the "carrier" :-)Cheers,Norbert - CLX001CEO Virtual Cargoluxwww.virtualcargolux.orgCLX_banner_grey.jpg

Hey Jeff,What routing/airways did you use to calculate these distances?Thanks,Gerry

Thanks Jeff,FSNav 4.7 calcuates them a bit shorter! (wonder who to trust now!!)Guess the the diameter of the world is getting smaller, (you know all the global heating and stuff...):-beerchug Have a great weekend!Gerry

It's a very close one Jeff - SA used to do KMIA-FAJS - 8061nm - 4 nm in it! If they were to do their new route without a stop, it would beat the KEWR - KIAD-FAJS 8134nm, but, unfortunately, they stop these days!

Korean KIAD - RKSI 6030nm great circle, saw them climbing out today.South African just added KIAD - FAJS , but it stops in DGAA :(