Sign in to follow this  
PLazarus

CRT/LCD real world operators

Hi All,As we have the choise of the LCD or CRT display I was wondering which airlines use which type..?I am particularly interested in BA,AI,CX and AF?Thanks..Paul

Guest Marc Harrington

Mostly freighters and very recently produced passenger verions, like some of the latest Virgins. All the airlines you listed have CRT only.

Guest Robin.B

Marc, are a list of preset airline configurations available to select from the PMDG menu as in the 737NG? Thanks :)

Guest htakamitsu

NCA 747-400F has LCD, JAL 747-400F has LCD , CX Cargo has 1 B744F with LCD , AF's 744ER have LCD, Qantas 744ER all have LCDs. China Airlines' new GE powered 744have LCD too. Cargolux has some 744F with LCD too.

Guest rellehenk

KLM744ERF has LCD

Guest AJ

Speaking of this, I am curious about the real world LCD displays on aircraft. How well these screens perform in respect to sun glare. My LCD computer monitor,as well as several assorted handheld devices I use, are almost invisible in direct sunlight. Andrew

Thanks guys...Looks like my 744 will have CRT's for the time being....Paul

Guest captbulldog 2

Why not just go check airliners.net?

Guest Darren Howie

Airbus have also gone CRT and ours work fine even with sun over your shoulder shining straight onto the screen its perfectly readable.Darren

Guest mariner75

Does anyone know about VS. Particularly "Mustang Sally" G-VROC. I looked at airliners.net but I couldn't tell.