Sign in to follow this  
HH

Having Trouble with Waypoints

HiI seem to have run into some trouble when trying to program waypoints into the FMC in the 747-400.The route I'm trying to program is Copenhagen -> Newark (EKCH -> KEWR). As long as the waypoints have a name I'm ok. But then I get to waypoints in the flight plan that are just navigational points consisting of latitude and longitude. In my plan they look like this one: 6200N/01000W, which is latitude N62:00:00 and longitude W10:00:00. Of course I have consulted the FMC manual and studied the chapter about defining and using custom waypoints and I have tried to type this waypoint in many different ways, but without any luck. I just keep getting the message: Not in the database.So my question is. How do I write it correctly?The plan from EKCH is as follows:VIA ID FREQDCT SORGAUT501 MIKSIUT501 AAL 116,70UL621 AMSEVUL621 SVA 112,10UL621 LAREMUL621 ZOL 116,85UP610 GUNPADCT 6200N/01000WDCT 6200N/02000WDCT 6000N/03000WDCT 5800N/04000WDCT 5500N/05000WDCT OYSTRDCT STEAMDCT YRI 113,90J563 YSC 113,20DCT ALB 115,30V213 ACOVEV213 TALCOV213 WEETSV213 HELONV213 FLOSIV213 CRANKV213 SHAFFV213 SAX 115,70DCT KEWRI hope you can read it. I tried making a table using html, but end up with a huge gap between the text and the table. :-badteeth

I believe you need to enter the latitude and longitude as either the short form of N55W050, or the long form of N5500.0W05000.0. Hope it helps. :)

Guest daveeggd

HI there!I have the same problem, and the suggestion offered DOESN'T work, although the manual says it will. There must be something I'm missing!Davidx:)~

Guest daveeggd

HI there!I think I can answer your question - I was equally puzzled.You can't enter the latitude/longitude in the RTE page - it just says 'not in database' or something like that...Go INSTEAD to the LEGS page and enter your latitude/longitude in the left hand side LSK - trust me - it works. I've also noticed a similar issue with other custom waypoints (i.e. PBD place, bearing, distance). These too need to go into the LEGS page - RTE is NO GOOD!hope this helps! David

Guest szp

id formats vary with n/s and e/w. enter as 6210N. works in rte page.sal