Sign in to follow this  
Guest cfm562

Need Help Manually Removing 747 "HELP PLEASE!"

Guest cfm562

Hi All,I am having some trouble manually removing the Queen. I have reason to believe the update did not take well as the Models section/ Winglets and all did not appear. I tried to use the uninstaller but it threw an error. So I'll remove it manually.First I removed all PMDG737 files via the removal tool.So then I went and did a search for all files (hidden files too) named "pmdg" and deleted them from my C drive and on my D:Flight Simulator 9 directory. Next I deleted the state.cfg and aircraft folder file from my c:....Application Data... folder as Robert suggested.Next I deleted anything pertaining to "pmdg" in the registry by finding each consecutive entry until the registry was pmdg-free.Then I tried to reinstall the original installer and get:"The setup has detected that version 1.10.000 of PMDG747-40_400 Version 1.0 is already installed. This setup installs an earlier version of PMDG747_400 Version 1.0 (1.00.1600). You will have to uninstall the previous version before installing this version."So where is the rest of it hiding? I am stuck , I would be grateful for any assistance you can offer.Thanks in advanceShane Lewis

The 747 should have been removed using the uninstaller in Add/Remove programs.Is the PMDGOptions.DLL still in the modules folder? If it is then delete it.Other than that I am stumped and an email to support is probably necessary.

Guest Knikolaes

I realize this is an old topic, but I just stumbled across this and this is the exact issue i am having.Windows add/remove programs said some files were missing or corrupt when i tried to uninstall, so i manually removed all PMDG files and the installer is still telling me the above message of the original poster.PMDG -- any ideas?

Guest andyman

HOw about trying to install with the appropriate installer. Try that. If asked to overwrite click yes. Then you can try a formal uninstall again if your problems aren't solved.

Guest Knikolaes

I emailed support. Thanks for the reply, Andy, but a reinstall is not possible as the installer **thinks** the product is still installed. Windows cannot remove the program using add/remove programs because there are no files to remove.I might suggest future products have an uninstaller file **smiles**Take care, and thanks again. Hopefully support can help.