Sign in to follow this  
lostmoon

Reverse Thrust Issue

Sirs,I would like to ask a question regarding reverse thrust. Upon touchdown of the 744, as soon as the nose wheel makes contact, I deploy reverse thrust (F2), but for some reason, as soon as I apply, the reverse thrust immediately goes back to its idle position.Thank you for your patience.Motty Nolos

>Sirs,>>I would like to ask a question regarding reverse thrust. Upon>touchdown of the 744, as soon as the nose wheel makes contact,>I deploy reverse thrust (F2), but for some reason, as soon as>I apply, the reverse thrust immediately goes back to its idle>position.>>Thank you for your patience.>Motty NolosDid you have NAI on? If so, try turning if off and see what happens. There's an issue with FS recoginizing engines idle when NAI is on, and thus, it doesn't allow REV Thrust to stay on. See this thread:http://pmdg.forumsplace.com/message-3337.html&highlight=- John

Dear John,Thank you for such a quick response. Yes. As a matter of fact, I do believe that I had NAI engaged. I will replicate the flight again sans the NAI.Also, John, (and the forum) I was curious. Before the latest patch, when I set the MCP to my transition altitude, the aircraft would automatically switch to DES mode. Now, however, when I set the MCP, the A/C does not descend. The little "ball" on the center display which indicates (forgive my lack of aviation terminology to properly identify what I am talking about) tells me that I am above my target descent.Must I take an action on the MCP to initiate descent? I am using VNAV througout.Thank you,Motty

>Must I take an action on the MCP to initiate descent? I am>using VNAV througout.>>Thank you,>MottyNot sure I've experienced what you have with VNAV, however after I set my target altitude on the MCP, I click on the center of the ALT button to engage VNAV, and the plane will start the descend.Perhaps somone else can verify the procedure.- John

Guest petermcleland

>Dear John,>>Thank you for such a quick response. Yes. As a matter of fact,>I do believe that I had NAI engaged. I will replicate the>flight again sans the NAI.>>Also, John, (and the forum) I was curious. Before the latest>patch, when I set the MCP to my transition altitude, the>aircraft would automatically switch to DES mode. Now, however,>when I set the MCP, the A/C does not descend. The little>"ball" on the center display which indicates (forgive my lack>of aviation terminology to properly identify what I am talking>about) tells me that I am above my target descent.>>Must I take an action on the MCP to initiate descent? I am>using VNAV througout.>No action should be required if you have VNAV engaged...you will get a warning message from the FMC before you reach the little green "Top of Descent" mark, then, provided you have dialled the altitude in the MCP down, it will start its descent when it wants to. Don't click the Altitude Button unless you want it to start the descent NOW! BTW this has all worked perfectly for the three flights I've done since update.I presume you are seeing the little green descent point mark?

This of course could also mean that you do not have an E/D. Make sure you have an end of descent point or the aircraft has no path to follow ;P[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|