Sign in to follow this  
Guest jgreth123

FMC problem

Guest jgreth123

What could cause the FMC to freak out and have a value of -2200000.0 under fuel, and NO distance to destination on the progress page.VNAV is unusable.What causes this? All I did was load flight sim ( default is 100% fuel I assume ), load the panel defaults to cold and dark, turn on battery and external power, reset each IRU knob to off then back to NAV, put in IRS POS, confirm it, then start programming the route in.Some background info:Cargo: 133060Fuel Load: 293226Reserve: 64859TOW: 818374I dunno if because I had 100% fuel and such a heavy load that it freaked the FMC out.Oh, and I have no default flight ( just default MS flight, cessna @ Seattle ) so when I create a flight I can directly select the PMDG 744.Now I can't use VNAV whatsoever, so no step climb predictions, no top of descent, nothing.Should I have set the fuel before turning any power on to the FMC?Any info would be GREATLY appreciated! :)

You set to lbs?[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Guest jgreth123

Oops, yeah Randy, pounds.

Guest dt1951

I had the same problem last night (and yes, have pounds set). I restarted FS and the problem went away.

I've seen this too, before entering the INIT REF data for the flight. After that, it got back to normal. I reckon the FMC needs those data before it can make these calculations, it would make sense.Best,Martijn

Guest jgreth123

Ah, perhaps you need to go through performance initial reference before the route programming to avoid this.When I get home from work I'll do some testing.