Sign in to follow this  
Guest FlyMD11.nl

Some updates for those with a CTD problem.....

Guest FlyMD11.nl

Hello Robert...I'm on standby today so there's not much else to do than sitting behind my computer...I would be happy to help you (and in fact myself) to find the cure to the CTD and install FS all over.Please let me know if this is required!Greetings,Remcops. I use a different email since buying

Guest Boaz

Sheeesh! I can see how software development can be murder!There are almost infinite amounts of system build ups out there! God only knows how many diferent FS9 setups there are AND how many add ons there are installed on them...If it is to any help to anyone of you out there, I had problems with FSUIPC, meaning it was only after I registered my FSUIPC the plane could not load.Found out my key code was too old, after many years I had changed my mail adress... DOH!Boaz...

Guest UPS009

BoazHow did you get an updated key code. I emailed simMarkey and they said there is nothing I could do since I have a code already. Did you email Peter Directly?Dan Moore

Guest Robin.B

Robert, just for your information;I tried the reinstall procedures you suggested, following all steps exactly. After reinstallation, before installing any liveries to the PMDG 747, I did a flight from EHAM to EDDM. NO problems, no CTD's and a fine flight indeed. A day after (I hadn't added anything to my FS) I reinstalled some of my liveries (some PMDG ones and some custom made - generally my own paints) and decided to do KORD-EHAM. I made the aircraft go cold and dark, looked around in the VC and spot view a bit. Then I set the aircraft up, starting everything needed before pushback/taxi and entered everything needed into the FMC. Then, I switched to spot view. Immediately there was a black screen, indicating an FS crash and indeed soon after, FS crashed. During the black screen display I could still access the menu of Flight Sim using the Alt key. I managed to go into the PMDG menu and save my panel state so I wouldn't lose that flightplan, because I hadn't saved it in the FMC. When I exited the PMDG menu, the black screen had gone and I could see the aircraft in Spot view, but no textures would load. About 15 seconds later, FS crashed with a crash message. I'll try to provide the error details next time because I forgot this time.PMDG support rocks ;)

Guest Robin.B

Hello everyone,I don't know if anyone's getting my problem of crashing at spot view, but just for everyone's information I just did some intensive testing. Tested with systems on/off, any repaints installed or not and at different airports. The conclusion is this:1. The PMDG 747-400 does not in any case crash while viewing the panel, VC or Tower view. It will only crash in Spot view.2. It will also not crash if the systems aren't up and running. (I think the problem starts after the battery and external switches are on)3. The Queen is perfectly stable when the stock PMDG 747-400 repaint is used (By this I mean the PMDG repaint that comes installed with the aircraft before any other liveries are installed.)in all views, whether systems are on or off.4. The moment I start using a different repaint, the problems appear. I start up the aircraft at any airport, go into spot view and in about 3 seconds I get a black screen and a following crash. The error report contains this:AppName: fs9.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.30612 ModName: util.dllModVer: 9.0.0.30612 Offset: 00011d4eI have no idea what util.dll is for, so please enlighten me if you do know.My FS installation is fairly clean at the moment;PMDG 747-400PMDG 737NGHeathrow Pro/FSGenesis EuropeActive CameraAnd a few freeware sceneries.I hope everyone's problems will be solved soon!

Guest rysio

Robert,and I would be more than happy to help you resolve the CTD problems once and for all. Please, feel free to use my system as a testing ground. I have a clean system, no pirated copies of add-ones.Regards,Ryszard Rudol

Guest Robin.B

I determined that my CTD was caused by ONE particular paint (the B-W Designs KLM NC on Avsim). Any ideas how a paint can cause a Crash To Desktop?

Robert,I've found some peculiar problems with the installer itself. It appears that the installer throws some files in a temp directory, and pulls them out everytime you go to install it. It seems to take a screenshot of your current install, and when you reinstall, even if you have deleted the directories, it pulls those files back and the problems as well.For example, I deleted all the files you said, restarted, then ran the installer, and what happened? It installed my old directory again! With repaints and all. So I did the same thing again, this time after removing from add/remove programs, manually deleting files left behind, I ran the disk cleanup program with windows to remove all the temp and installer files, restarted, and it installed just fine.Maybe thats something you might want to look into? Anyway, thanks to everyone on the team for such a great airplane.

Alex-This is correct behavior for the installer. It has specific instructions to bring you up to the most current standard. If you delete things- it's going to try and fix the problem because it knows that you shouldn't delete anything that the product needs to run.I re-iterate folks: Deleting/moving files is going to create problems that prevent us from helping you....In airline training we call them: Distractors.Please don't do that!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

>In airline training we call them: Distractors.>We have the same term for Police K9 training as well although ours consist of food, other dogs, etc... :-lol

Eric 

Robin,don't know why, but a bad alpha in a texture file will cause the CTD.

i am confused, you think it is normal for an installer to remember the way something was after a complete uninstall?If I uninstall from add/remove programs, delete all files left behind to start over from scratch, then run the installer, it should NOT remember anything and should start over like it is installing on a clean systemI use to work in the software QA industry and install methods like that are bound to cause all sorts of problems, including the gauge error message I got, and the crashes other people get.I bet if people clean out their temporary directorys after uninstalling and removing all files left behind, they will have zero problems.I just wanted to bring this to your attention because IMO it is a major bug that can cause all sorts of bizzare issues

Guest FlyMD11.nl

Well... I went ahead and re-installed everything from scratch. All entries reminding of FS (and add-ons) deleted, even in the registry.Installed the following in this order:FS2004FS2004 9.1FS2004 9.1 NoCD (I don't think this is a crack! I have the original CD!)FSNavigator 4.7FSNavigator 4.7 SidStar 8FSUipc 3.51WideFS 6.51Level-D 767 2.1Level-D 767 KLMPMDG 737-600.700 1.1PMDG 737-800.900 1.1PMDG 737-800 KLMPMDG 737-900 KLMCloud9 EHAM 1.02Airac 5.12 for all add-onsPMDG 747-400 1.0 (without SIDSTAR and FLTS)PMDG 747-400 1.1Unfortunately no joy....My 747 was sent to the desert for the time being....Off to fly the 737!Remco

Hi Remco-since you went through all this trouble, I only wish you could have started with FS9.0->FS9.1 update, and then the 747-400 only... if that had worked, you could then install updates one by one, to see if they cause problems...Regards,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Eric-I have two dogs. :-) A Yellow Lab who turned 9 today- and a 1.5 year old Golden Retriever.They are distractors for me. ;-)I just have to remember to vacuum the cooling fans on my rig at least once a month- or it over-temps. HAHAHAH

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com