Sign in to follow this  
NJ_Flyer

B747 v1.1 Sound Crackling

G'Day allI saw a post that has been blocked and people have been reporting sound crackling. I have this problem to which makes this plane unflyable unless I dont use sound. I have figured out that it seems to only begin once I pass FL100 (10,000ft), but then can occur at any time afterwards, including below that altitude.Is there a fix available or one being worked on?Ive tried a reinstall but didnt help at all.

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Guest Andrea

Ryan,can you describe more in detail your problem? What view (cockpit, VC, tower, spot), what aircraft situation (engines off, taxi, takeoff, climb, cruise, etc.) do you hear crackling sound?10000 Feet corresponds to the altitude where the aircraft passes the speed limitation, so "wind sound" becomes more loud in the cockpit view due to the progressive speed increase.Do other FS9 add-on aircrafts cause this problem? Do you have the same problem with PMDG 737 (if you have it)?What sound card and drivers do you use. Do you have a similar problem listening music?Do you use serial ATA interface for your hard disk? I had a similar problem with FS9 installing a serial ATA (SATA) hard disk that obliged me to go back to an old parallel IDE hard disk.Andrea

G'Day AndreaThis occurs on climb out, so all systems are working. It happens in any view.. some times it lasts 1 second, other times it lasts 20.I have just done a flight in the NG737 and it does not happen. Tried several other aircraft and it doesnt happen. It has only started since I installed the patch.. (I had the first v1.1 patch and now have the newest 1).I have no problem listening to Music. I dont have a sound card, just the one on the Motherboard. Cant be the problem since it doesnt occur with any other aircraft/Program

Cheers,
Ryan

Guest cliffie1931

Andrea I too have had this problem, happening with no discernable pattern since the update. As a consequence I've had to abandon my "Queen" and use the 737 series instead.I also confirm that no other aircraft in my hanger has this problem.I have written on two separate occasions to PMDG support but in neither case have I had a reply.My last request for help included the suggestion that those of us with this problem could maybe receive a patch to reverse the sound file change included in the update.I also offered to phone any number given to me in order to place my headphone next to the phone receiver in order to let PMDG hear the exact sound for themselves. Cliff

G'Day CliffI emailed Support and recieved their automated email. So I will hopefully get some answers soon. Ill report back in this thread when I hear something.

Cheers,
Ryan

Guest cliffie1931

G'day mate. I'm looking forward to what you learn.Enjoy your weekend.Cliff (In spain)

Guest morvious

I have this problem to.To me this happends when speeds decrease.Like when on rapid wind changes in flightsim. The speed drops down to almost stall speed and then I hear the cracking sound.Weird problem, but I press Q till I have recoverd my speed.http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...06903f0977c.jpg-------------------------------------------CX119----------------------------------------------------------Stefan van Hierden>|

Guest theonlyamrad

Just something I noticed. I too had a major crackling problem with the Queen - but ONLY with the overhead panel in view. The cause for me was having the PanelAsTexture=0 line under my graphics card in FS9.cfg. As soon as I removed the line - the problem vanished.Maybe check if you've got this line in your cfg file. Patrick.

Just out of curiosity, what does this PanelAsTexture=0 line do?

Richard Åsberg

Guest theonlyamrad

That line can help a little with FPS(on some set-ups). But it doesn't work if FS9's own anti-aliasing is enabled in Display settings, and apparently causes problems with the Queen, at least it did for me. It has to be added manually to the FS9 cfg file, in the entry for graphics card - so if you've never added it, there's nothing to worry about, it's not there by default.Patrick.

Guest Marc Harrington

Problem is being worked on. Should have info on the fix soon.

G'Day allAs Marc has said, the reply I got is that we should keep an eye out on the forum for more news.

Cheers,
Ryan

Guest cliffie1931

Great news Marc. After the learning curve of the 747 began to pay off I appreciated more and more the sophistication of "The Queen" and the pleasure to be derived from flying it. Using the 737 series is fine but no comparison to the reality and pleasure to be derived from "The Queen". And the FMC is incomparably superior for my purposes.Now I've been given hope with the information that you're working on the problem.Gratefully,Cliff

That's great news thinking of your first comment on the subject where it was said:"Just FYI - None of the sound files were changed except for the high power exterior one. What did change is the volume settings for low interior thrust (e.g. taxi thrust), but that does not impact the quality of the actual sound files."Will these sound issues also be looked at in this fix?http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...&topic_id=94463http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...&topic_id=95446Looking forward to the fix Marc!

Richard Åsberg