Sign in to follow this  
Guest JoeInCT

Differences Between 767-300 and 747-400

"Besides, I LIKE to put the desination airport as my last waypoint - call it personal preference - and the FMC should allow it."I may have to amend what I said before.... Our (real world) airline's Company Routes ALL include both DEP and ARR airports as waypoints... and they appear on the ROUTE and LEGS pages with no disco's if the route is entered on the Co Route line of the FMC. However, a manual entry of an ARR airport on the LEGS page (as a final wpt) I confirmed, recently, to generate a disco which can be closed quite easily (by line selection). I haven't yet tried to manually enter an ARR airport on the ROUTE page to see if it generates a disco.. one that can be easily closed.Note here that programmes like PS1 (sometimes used at Embry-Riddle) do not generate a disco on the LEGS page with the insertion of an ARR airport (which is wrong).I will confirm the disco and possibility of closure on the Route pages in the coming days. I will also try it on the 767 to see if it is the same.Cheers.Q.

Checked on the (real) 747-400 today and I was able to enter an airport ICAO as the final waypoint on the ROUTE pages. A route disco was automatically generated, but I was able to close it easily with line selection (on the Route page).CHeersQ>

Guest JoeInCT

>Checked on the (real) 747-400 today and I was able to enter>an airport ICAO as the final waypoint on the ROUTE pages. A>route disco was automatically generated, but I was able to>close it easily with line selection (on the Route page).>>CHeers>Q>Thanks Q! I don't think it can be closed on the Route page in the PMDG 744 - so it seems it only half models rw behaviour.Joe

Guest Vagabond78

Hi Joe,I just tried placing the departure airport and destination airport in the rte page when entering my flight plan and it worked just fine.Here is my route so maybe you can try it out for yourself, I put the route in first and then put in the dep and dest waypoints.KSEA SEA J1 OED J501 PYE MICRA KSFOI did not get a disco when I entered KSFO but I did get one when I entered KSEA. At that point the FMC simply let me delete the disco squares.I have not entered a SID or STAR for this route yet. Maybe you can try this procedure out and tell me what happens? Cheers,Erichttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Guest Vagabond78

****Ok that is weird, I tried to do the same thing from KSEA to KLAX and I can't close the disco between KSEA and SEA but if I delete that waypoint it closes the disco. The weird thing is that it was fine with KSEA and SEA in RTE 1. I put this plan in RTE 2.******Edit** Nevermind, I forgot to put in the departure runway. That is what was causing the above problem.**Edit 2** Hey Joe it just found out that if I try and delete the departure rwy on the first rte page the FMC tries to insert a disco into the flight plan. Do you have a departure runway entered? I'm not sure why you can't close the disco at the destination airport though.Cheers,Erichttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Eric, on our FMC's, if the departure airport is the first waypoint, no discontinuities are created prior to that. If you select a departure routine, the departure airport waypoint just vanishes (and is replaced by the departure routine). I can't recall what happens in PMDG.Cheers.Q>

Guest JoeInCT

>Q,>>Last night when I was doing testing, the PMDG FMC would create>a disco between the departure procedure and the departure>airport but I was able to clear the disco.>>Cheers,>Eric>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgLast night I flew from KIAD to KBOS. I included the destination as the last line in the route. It created a DISCO, but I was able to close it right on the route page! I am 90% sure I was not able to do this previously. Not sure why it works now but didn't before. Only thing that changed was I applied the upgrade even though it told me I didn't need it. It appears my system is working now like the real thing: the destination airport creates a DISCO which can be closed.JoeInCT