Sign in to follow this  
Guest dave75

Lost PMDG747 & FS2004!

Guest dave75

Dear PMDG, I wonder if you could help............. I bought your product on the 16th sept last year and have enjoyed using it. However, it has recently been causing FS2004 to crash and now will not even start, freezing on the bootup screen. Having checked under my computer/manage/event viewer it seems that the problem began with a PMDG_Connector.dll was not found and a MCP747.EXE unable to locate component. I have downloaded the update to no effect and would like to completely reinstall the software, but somehow have lost my original install package downloaded from you. Having gone back to my purchase receipt e-mail and clicked on the download link, i was told this had expired. I cannot find any other way of contacting you, except through AVSIM. I only hope that this is the right place for support and that you can solve my problem. Having paid over $54 for a very good product, I had hoped that this wouldn't of been as difficult as it seems to be to solve this simple reinstallation. Also, if you have any idea as to what may of caused this happening in the first place, i would be very grateful.Yours SincerleyD.Hurst

Hi Dave. You are probably correct in thinking that only a PMDG representative can help you with your problem. As you seem unaware of the support pages offered by PMDG directly from their website, I have copied and pasted:1. the website address2. A cut and paste from their website regarding lost or damaged downloads.This is all in the public domain so don't think I have breeched any PMDG rules. It just gives you more methods of getting in touch with PMDG directly. Their support is brilliant.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/html/support/747.htmReplacement of Lost Download Products: PMDG offers replacement products to customers who originally purchased an electronically delivered product directly from PMDG's website. PMDG is unable to replace lost or user damaged CD media, however we can easily replace a product that was originally purchased as a download from our website.PMDG provides free product replacement for a period of one year from the date of original purchase, provided the customer can provide enough identifying information to help us locate the customer order within our records!Please send a detailed email to: updateme@precisionmanuals.com and provide your name, approximate date of purchase, Confirmation ORDER ID (if possible!) and any other information that may help us identify you and your order. DO NOT SEND YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER, NOR WILL ANYONE FROM PMDG EVER ASK YOU FOR YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER. Time Limitation: After the first year of ownership, PMDG may, at it

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest dave75

Thanks John. Couldn't find that link anywhere! Just kept coming to this page from the support page of PMDG. Hopefully they can help!CheersDave :-)

Hi JohnI am not so sure about the support being brilliant---my 747 was causing crashes to desktop after I added the PATCH--so I removed it planning to do a quick reinstall--well without a password and order number I was not able to do this---left messages on the support page--two or three since I see this problem talked about in the forum all the time---got no response--tried to log in to my account on the support e commerce page---but found that there was no record of me having an account--even though I own all of the PMDG products except the 747 model airplane---I have even "owned" the 737 twice because of this same problem about a year ago--I left a message here on the forum yesterday, and got one response pointing me to the PMDG support page.The PMDG aircraft are great--maybe the best--the support is not the best--it is cumbersome and slow--it causes frustration---this thread is always on the forum because of the problems involved with reinstalls!Because of the delays in help from PMDG--they even say on their web site 1 to 4 days for help---and because I want to fly on the Sim a flight from SFO to Osaka Japan--to Guam and then to Yap, ---a flight that I am going to take in real life, in three weeks I will probably just buy another copy!In fairness I have received good technical help here on the forum for issues related to flying the PMDG Aircraft--but these programs are complex--when combined with the endless other add-ons which get tacked on the FS--there will be conflicts which ultimately need reinstalls of various programs---The reinstall process should not have such difficult barriers placed in the way of the customerThere--hopefully that

Dorn i can only recommend you to do like i do.print everything regarding online purchasing. You sould even think of keeping a copy of your emails on a gmail account or an account of somebody in your family... at least if your computer gets shot you don't loose everything, zipping the email with a passsword protection could be worth the time it takes. This is true for ALL online purchases, not only for PMDG.I can't keep my mouth shut so i'll add this... "sorry" in advance. If it happened last year with the 737 and now with the 747 it looks like not all the fault is on PMDGs side... Have a nice day, Luca

LucaWhat you say is correct--I try to do as you say--I have about ten PMDG purchase emails--but seem to have misplaced the 747 one.However don't forget this aspect of my rant---it has been over a day without response---moments ago I got one of those auto responses--and this was from about the tenth email that I sent to PMDG--and this one was hand sent from my own email--in other words--nothing seemed to go through from their web site support or e commerce page.Even with the order id and password this might not have worked--their web sit is not recieving emails---I have seen other customers talking about this problem---I have seen forum members telling people that if you do not get back an auto response--then PMDG has not recieved you email---I sent numerous emails to them throught their web page and got no response---all of this is a lot of trouble--I wasted a Sunday afternoon over this problem---with faster response I would not have ---anyway--this is computers and flight simmingCheers

Murphy always looks upon us :D :D Said that i have to say i can't agree with your messsages second part.I needed to reinstall the 747 quite in a hurry during a Flightsim show a month and a half ago... i didn't remember my password for the ecommerce shop, sent by forgotten password link. i didn't remember my order ID, it's in the previous orders page... I could reinstall the 747 in about 15 minutes... having people around me pushing for having the sim online as we were making live ATC... this was the worst part. :9 You just need to know your own email and have access to your mailbox to get your 747 registered. sorry but i can't see the problems you are reporting :) Wish you better luck next time :) Luca

To AllPMDG Support has helped me Reinstall my 747Thanks to the Support Team