Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

Request for help: Attn fellow Saitek X52 users

Hi guys, I appreciate this is a hardware query but I'm posting it here as I would like a PMDG 744 owner-specific perspective.So I was browsing the local PC hardware store yesterday when all of a sudden I blacked out. When I came to I had a Saitek X52 HOTAS in my hands and my credit card was lying beside me, smouldering. I'm pretty sure it was whimpering too...All that uncounscious impulse buying aside, I'm now trying to get it set up with FS, specifically with my various Boeings.There's a few things I'm trying to do:1. I want to use the rudder twist for rudder control in flight and the Big rotary dial on the throttle for the same function on the ground (ie as a steering tiller), however I can only get one or the other working. anyone achieved this or know how to?2. I am trying to use the small thumb-slider on the throttle as the spoiler axis but it simply won't work. The calibration app shows that the slider is responding but the assignment in FS doesn't seem to work.3. The throttle has a detent that can be used as the idle point with anything 'below' that being reverse thrust. Anyone managed to get revese thrust working on the throttle axis?Any other tricks you have discovered?

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest jgreth123

Unfortunately, in the simulator, the lower rotary and the twist grip use the X-rotation ( if memory serves ). They don't work well together, so I would disable the twist grip since I had rudder pedals.The slider works, or should, I used to use it for flaps. It doesn't even recognize it when you move the slider in the Axis assignments? Make sure you have the controller selected in the drop-down. Make sure you always go back to the Sensitivities settings and scroll down and ensure all axii have max ( or at least some ) sensitivity.The throttle detent part works fine if you use FSUIPC. You just set it up so the '0' (centered) point is at the detent, +- 1000 usually works. So like if it goes from -16000 to 16000, and the detent is at -13000, I'd recommend putting -16000 to -14000 on the lower end, dead zone of -13999 to -11999, and higher end at -12000 to 16000. That's with max sensitivity in FS. The numbers may vary, but you get the idea.Not many tricks. I went to CH Yoke + CH Throttle instead of the Saitek. The Saitek was great when I was flying helicopters, but for fixed wing I prefer my yoke.I hope some of that helps.

Many thanks for the pointers, I'll try that reverse thrust part out with FSUIPC. Not sure about the speedbrake slider sensitivity bit but I'll look tonight.If anyone HAS nutted out the Big Rotary on the throttle as a steering tiller please let me know.Cheers again!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I too have the X52 and wanted that slider for spoilers. I haven't looked at using them through FSUIPC though, so that may be the way to go.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Hello,I use the 52 too since a few month also, and all my button are set up via FSUIPC only.There is a very good description on how to do it in the docs coming with FSUIPC, specialy the protection that you can put in your FS9 config in order not to loose your set up.Rememnber to back up your keyboard controls and joystick control also in fs conf, once you have programmed every thing in FSUIPC and enter the code in FS conf, cause if ever you are rebuilding your fs9 config file, it will be over written, even if it is safe in FSUIPC, thus one button may be assigned to 2 orders different.May be I am not very clear, in this case let me know.Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/4 2.4 Ghz/1.5Giga DDRAMATI 9800 Pro 128 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester