Sign in to follow this  
Guest SWA2873

Throttle problem (Swerve condition)

Guest SWA2873

I have been spending the better part of a week learning the PMDG 737.Tonight I was logged onto VATSIM, spent a little over an hour fiddling with the aircraft, initializing the FMC, etc. and when the time came to taxi to the runway I experienced a swerve condition. i.e. I had control over either the right or left engine but never both at one time. I pressed e+1+2 numerous times without success.Because the swerve would constitute an unsafe flight condition for takeoff I had to cancel my flight plan on VATSIM. I am told this is a known issue with either the PMDG or Flight simulator. Is there a fix for this anywhere?Sam

Sam,This is not a known (or common) issue with the 737 - I'm not sure how to get out of it though other than the FS keypresses that you tried. Probably just have to restart the sim unfortunately... How did it happen in the first place? I'd look at your joystick mappings to make sure you're not somehow inadvertently triggering the assymetrical throttle control commands.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Whilst not a common problem with the PMDG 737 it's certainly not an uncommon problem with FS2004 itself (I know from experience :().If you inadvertantly select a single engine, say engine 1 (CTRL+E+1) and then wanted to resume control to both engines (CTRL+E+1+2) sometimes it just doesn't work. Even if you press CTRL+E+1+2 it only swaps control to engine 1 or engine 2. Its one of those things that flight simulator sometimes gets buggy with. The same issue occasionally occurs with opening doors, infact you'll find a lot of users have reassigned their door open key to 'O' rather than the default 'E'. From recollection you have to reload the flight (perhaps the sim) to get control of both throttles again.There is no single solution to this problem as far as I know, however the best 'fix' is to assign the Select Engine key (not 100% sure what its called) from CTRL+E to something obscure like CTRL+SHIFT+END so that you can't inadvertantly trigger it when playing around.Hope this is of some helpJeremy

Guest tmetzinger

One fix is to use FSUIPC to assign a hot key to "resume all engine control". This requires a registered version of FSUIPC.A more expensive/more fun fix is to get a CH throttle quadrant.

if i'm not mistaken there's a small gauge in the AVSIM library which reselects all engines.Luca

found it. but i haven't tried it.. so i can't guarantee it works. search the avsim library for: rcbse-10.zipLuca