Sign in to follow this  
Guest captainmk

The plane will not turn with autopilot on

Since I am really not ready to starting making and flying complex flightplans with the fmc, I want to start by just travelling to whereever I want without the help of flight plan creating in fmc so I merged the GPS into the 747 panel and I started the whole plane perfectly, took off without any problems other than not engaging a flight plan, then I turned on the AP to the plane can steadily climb itself to 10000 feet. When turning autopilot on, I am not able to properly turn the plane, with it off, there is no problem.This works in others planes but why not in the pmdg 747? Please help

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I cant say for sure but it probably will never work. The PMDG 747 is probably coded so specifically it basically takes only very few FS variables into effect. You will either need to do it by pure headings or start to use the FMC.

>Since I am really not ready to starting making and flying>complex flightplans with the fmc, I want to start by just>travelling to whereever I want without the help of flight plan>creating in fmc so I merged the GPS into the 747 panel and I>started the whole plane perfectly, took off without any>problems other than not engaging a flight plan, then I turned>on the AP to the plane can steadily climb itself to 10000>feet. When turning autopilot on, I am not able to properly>turn the plane, with it off, there is no problem.>>This works in others planes but why not in the pmdg 747?>Please helpSimple, PUSH the heading "KNOB"it says SEL..[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

I think he's referring to being able to control the roll axis manually while the vertical is being done by the AP - if so, this is a bad habit learned from MS default aircraft and does not exist in any way in the real plane. When you engage the AP CMD, it has FULL control over all flight axes - to turn the plane with the AP on, you need to press HDG SEL and rotate the knob in the direction you wish to turn.