Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot53

weather.dll

Guest Pilot53

I just had a flight sim crash of weather.dll using the 747. This is the first time I have gotten such an error, and the first time for an fs crash in about a year and a half. I was flying over the Hudson Bay in Norther Canada, about 7 hours into the flight when this happened. This error occured recently after installing a patch for ASV6. Logically I thought this would be the culprit, I E-mailed the company and was told ASV6 has nothing to do with weather.dll. So my question is, Could PMDG have anything to do with this problem? And I did notice a very inconspicuous "smooshing of the clouds" as if the screen was smooshed, I'm not sure if this could be linked, but you never know.Any help is greatly appreciated,Mike Iacovetta

Mike,As far as I know, we do not referrence weather.dll at all. Sounds like a random FS thing to me - post back if you see it again or are able to create a reproducable situation involving it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Pilot53

I will never be able to enjoy a long haul flight again if this problem isnt figured out. So just for my benifit so I can once again enjoy the best fs addon, do you know what this file is for and possiblly what applications it could be linked to, just so I can try and figure out the source of this problem.

Guest Pilot53

Just that one time.

"I will never be able to enjoy a long haul flight again if this problem isnt figured out."You said that after one unrepeatable crash? ;)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

weather.dll is a MS binary. No direct relationship to PMDG.BTW, what does "smooshing" mean? :-hmmm- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871