Sign in to follow this  
jtsjc1

no colors on PFD

Hello, I'm having a problem. No colors display on PFD. I have no blue or brown although all the info is there-speedtape etc. IRS is aligned and still no colors. They are set at default and I have latest version. Any ideas? Thanks, Joe

Hmm, sounds like either your IRS hasn't completed its alignment or the custom colours selected in the PMDG menu for the PFD are both set to black. (You can customise the colours to your liking)If your Nav Display DOESN'T have the word 'MAP' in yellow in the center then your IRS is aligned. In that case go to PMDG options menu and select 'Colors'. See what color configuration your PFD has. That should resolve it but let us know if not (and perhaps post a screen shot)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Thanks Mark I'm trying to use KLAXKEDW flight tutorial and I think there is a problem with it. I tried a flight from JFK and PFD colors were ok.

Over the past few days I've been helping out a new captain who is using the same tutorial and I have a suspicion that the files that accompany it may be causing issues. This may be the result of some incompatibilities between the situation files and the new version of the 744 (v1.1) but I'm not sure. The tutorial is very good in terms of the explanations given though.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Yeah,.,.the new Captain here. Hee hee:)You know.. I am not sure..if its the tutorial flight that is causing the problem. today.. I started warm.. Loaded the Cessna 172 all ready to go and then replaced it with the 747... and It was all ok. Then I turned off the IRS and turned it back on and set the init coordinate.. .. had the same issue this gentleman had. I turned it back off and on again..the second or third time..and it was all ok.so.. don't know. Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter