Sign in to follow this  
Guest CoasterXtreme982

Why won't the PMDG 747 work anymore?

Guest CoasterXtreme982

I don't understand this I have posted twice about this problem and still no way for me to get it working again. I put my flight plan into the FMC and I take off just fine and put LNav on. LNav engages fine most of the time. The problem I am having is when I get to a waypoint the plane passes over it without realizing it has reached the waypoint so it flies past it, realizes it has past the waypoint and starts turning back to get it and starts doing circles while trying to get this waypoint. I have tried even doing another flight and it still does this same thing yet I never had a problem with this before. What can I do to correct this?Thank You~Matt Sorce

Guest Hawkeyeted

Matt,Do you have a "DISCO" to the next waypoint? If so, you need to close it up so the FMC knows where to go next.

No It doesn ot sound like this is the problem because the FMC does not go back to the last wopt if there is a discon. The AFDS engauges into HDG HOLD.. I believe the problem is most likely the procedure files (SID). In fact post a screenshot of the FMC's LEGS page when this happens................Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

On which heading did you arrive on the fix? looks like you were on almost this heading.. i this correct? Luca

Guest Daniel Slade

Matt,One question, did you arrive at GABRE using the HDG (Heading function) I notice from the screenshot that you have HDG 349 with a wind from the left.If this is the case I would guess that you have not engaged the autopilot, you need to press one of the CMD buttons above the A/P DISENGAGE bar, LNAV will only work from the CMD (Command) of the autopilot.Hope this helpsDaniel

Guest CoasterXtreme982

No I got to GABRE from putting LNav on and there is an autopilot on but the FMC is blocking it in the screenshot.~Matt Sorce

Guest Hawkeyeted

Two things I've noticed:One, you could have been in HDG mode, but *thought* you were in LNAV. If you were in HDG and NOT on an intercept heading to GABRE, the FMC may be trying to circle back to catch it? I did notice that there is no time estimate for crossing the fix either.....Two, there are no cruise levels on your legs page, indicating an incomplete FMC prgramming/setup.Not sure if these are contributatory to your issue, but my be worth looking into.

Guest Phill

I might be wrong, but it appears to me you have not executed the flight plan,if you did you should have "speeds & flight levels in the right column"?.Phill

Guest summersleep

Hi Matt..Just to let you know that I have been having the same problem as you..I managed to get it to work the first day I use the 747 and thought all was well, but now I cannot for the life of me get it to work again.I am begining to think we may have a software bug on our copys...Anyway I have used the FMC on the 737 800-900 and it works fine, so when I do the exact same flight on the 747 it does what your saying in that it will fly to the waypoint but then turn back to fly over it again.I will keep on trying and read the manuals again!Summersleep

Guest summersleep

Ok so now I got it to work!!! and I did nothing!! I think there IS a problem with this somewhere!! One min it works then next it wont, My system is very cleen. no bugs anywhere. So I am wondering if there is a conflict with 737 maybe?Summersleep

Guest summersleep

OK this worked for me..Unistall any other PMDG AIRCRAFT..ie 737 etc.. Then uninstall the 747-400..OK turn off all back ground programs then reinsatll just the 747-400.. This is what I did and now everything works on the 747.. Try it.Summersleep