Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Which basic PMDG 747-400 fuel planner is better ?

I have used one called Boeing 747 PMDG Fuel Planner that has a nifty interface but that seems to yield strange calculations that I think are wrong. I don't know the author. And more recently I discovered Boeing 747-400 Fuel Planner v2.01 by Felice Valente that looks great and that calculates things that appear to be correct.Just curious what others' views are on these two apps for a basic fuel calculator for the Queen.Jonathan

Guest dkraemer

Hi Jonathan,thanks for your post. I did not know these fuel planning apps yet.At present I use the FSBuild 2.2 included one, based on the aircraft performance data supplied by Larry Steward, and a planner named "B747-400 Quick Fuel Planner 1.0 by Tarek Sharkawy", which is recommended by the best german tutorial for the QOS (PMDG Boeing 747-400 Normal & Non-Normal Procedures by Jens-Albert Schenk). These two are ok, but not really correct. Perhaps it is my fault :-dohKind regards,

Actually, the fuel planner INSIDE the PMDG 747-400's FMC is excellent too and perhaps is the most accurate of all although I have not yet experimented with trying to set winds for the LEGS and so I do not know if that works. I think one can use that and then compare the results to the fuel planner v2.1 since that is based on the PMDG data tables in their giant manual.Jonathan

Guest Hawkeyeted

>And more recently I discovered Boeing 747-400 Fuel Planner v2.01 by>Felice Valente that looks great and that calculates things>that appear to be correct.This is the best out there so far......

Yeah, I do really like the Felice fuel planner. It IS neat!Jonathan

Guest Andrew1981

Hi , As I made a excel spreadsheet to calculate the fuel for my PMDG 744 flights. So I decided to share it here before uploading it, to the avsim file library .The fuel is calculated in Kg only , as the great majority of airlines do anyway [ AFAIK only USA airlines use lbs :( ]. If I recall correctly the mentioned fuel planer programs calculate the fuel in lbs only , so this may be useful to kilogram users :(it can be found here: http://web.tiscali.it/andrewtlor/fplan_744.zip ( 165kb ) FYI the fuel data are interpolated using Matlab from the Quickplan PMDG's tables .

thanks daniel... will check it out..and yeah Andrew i hope ur calculator is accurate for the KG version... since a lot of airlines use kilos instead of lbs... i know LH does... and i was on the lookout for one to convert using kilos... saves the time on the manual calculation