Sign in to follow this  
Guest SIX

Scratch pad? Who can help make this?

Guest merlin2

>I have HER on my MSN and I have HER private e-mail address. >I will give HER a shout.>>There is a story behind the whole Andrew deal and I think>calling her a him is kinda nuts. The reason she is called>Andrew on certian documentation is when working for ATARI they>chose to use a male name because they were afraid people>wouldn't take her as serious. So, please respect 20 years of>time differential.>>Thanks>>>Wilson Hines>My Blog: http://www.wilsonhines.com >-------------------------------------->http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpg>http://online.vatsimindicators.net/837438/3074.png I may be wrong here!but to my knowledge "Virgin Atlantic" at present or indeed at any time before have never had A Lady Captain (and don't know off hand any airline that has either?) flying there 744 0r even any 747s so is this a made up" pilot or another dreamer". Could perhaps Captain Bunting correct me on this: as this has me puzzled. Howard

Guest Wellyboot

Hello WilsonApologies thought it was a good idea, if it had been feasible guess you would have already done it.Obviously a touchy subject, not sure were your coming from though with the atari stuff.John

Hi Wilson and everybody,Sorry i`d missed this thread,Wilson emailed me about it.Ok,firstly then, Jane is a guy,a very nice guy,who is married.He no longer flies for Virgin,but used to be on the 747.We do have a few female captains at virgin both on the 744 (2) and the 340 (1 i think)The scratchpad you`ll have seem Mr Rattagan using would most likley have been the performance card.We still carry these but no longer use them as all our performace data is now sent over the ACARS from a performance server.I`ve enclosed,or at least i hope i have if my computers skills have worked out,a copy of the perf card.Here you can see a space for the atis which is where Alan would have made notes.All other things like the clearance,and frequencies would be normally be written on the flight plan,though some pilots do have their own little pads made up for this.I flew with Mr Rattagan a couple of weeks ago and don`t remember him having his own pad,so it would have been the perf card as I mentioned that you`ll have seen.CheersJon

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

re female captains, the first time i flew with virgin atlantic was on a 340 to orlando back in 1997.The captain then was a woman an called camilla darta(not sure of surname spelling).When she announced she was the captian a number male passengers nearly passed out! cheersmark

>I`ve enclosed,or at least i hope i have if my computers skills>have worked out,a copy of the perf card.Here you can see a>space for the atis which is where Alan would have made notes.>All other things like the clearance,and frequencies would be>normally be written on the flight plan,though some pilots do>have their own little pads made up for this.I flew with Mr>Rattagan a couple of weeks ago and don`t remember him having>his own pad,so it would have been the perf card as I mentioned>that you`ll have seen.>>Cheers>>JonThanks for that Jon. Looks like I'll have to print some of those out and start using them.BTW: Did you get my PM? Although I'm not even sure that they work on this server.