Sign in to follow this  
Guest SKireyev

A question and a possible request for PMDG team

Guest SKireyev

I am a user of FSPassengers, and have created a payload model for the 744F. Now, I ran into a problem with the payload manager. Anytime I use it to update fuel, it deletes stations from the aircraft.cfg file. Is there any way to update the load manager that it would leave those blank default stations in? Otherwise, I would already upload the model onto FSPs website.Cheers

I hope you get an answer on this because the main reason I purchased the freighter was to use with FSPassengers and I've been following the forum threads on their website on this very subject.. Surely more of you queen drivers use fspassengers as well. :-)Will

Sergey-We absolutely do NOT recommend that you use any weight/load/fuel management tool on a PMDG airplane unless it came from us.Unlike the vast majority of the MSFS community, we calculate all figures for the airplane based on it's actual index point ahead of the nose, rather than the fictional and rather unrealistic MSFS index point that is mostly located near the center of rotation.By loading the airplane using a non PMDG tool- you will negatively influence the the flight model and in some cases make it unstable and/or unflyable.This is, of course documented in the manuals.

Guest Paul Heaney

To add to what Robert has stated, you can set FSPassengers so it will emulate the PAX, CARGO and FUEL Weights, but you'll still have to use the load manager (PMDG) to load the weights.In your FSPassengers Directory/Config directory, look for a file called "more_option.cfg" Inside, set the following entries.DisablePayloadDialogWeightModif =1; // This will forbid payload dialog to modify any weight.Good Luck, it works good for me in the PAX version.

Thanks for that information Paul. I've never had any trouble using fspassengers with the 747 PAX version and have logged over 70 hours with it. It's the Freighter version that FSPassengers doesn't seem to like. I'm assuming that setting the option entry to 1 will disable the modification of any and all my other payload models as well and not just the Freighter version of the 747?Will

Guest SKireyev

Robert--I am very well aware of that limitation, as well as the logic behind it. I use the default PMDG loader to load-out the plane, and the program just tracks my progress. (The weightmodification option is disabled).The thing is 744Pax worked beautifully with the exception of FSP not recognizing when the doors were open. Now, the F apparently overwrites the cfg with the parameters saved through the cargo loader each time the sim is loaded, thus if you modify the aircraft.cfg to add 'dummy' load stations, the next time the sim is loaded FSP does not recognize the model again, and the cfg file has to be modified manually all over again. No big deal. I'll keep using my Pax for FSP, and stick to Cargo for my VA flights.Cheers,