Sign in to follow this  
Guest YPants

SIDs STARs 737

Guest YPants

Hello, I have searched the forum fo an answer to this question, but couldn't find a solution. I will explain this as best as I can. I like to fly often between EGNX and EIDW. When I first install the 737, I sit at the gate at EGNX and sort the FMC.For EGNX, it gives me rwys 27 and 9 available. Which is correct. Of course, there are no SID's yet , because I haven't intalled the all in one pack from navdata. I get the pack installed, which includes EGNX and EIDW. Once the pack is installed, I get errors for both egnx and eidw, and no rwys available for either airport (bearing in mind, I had rwys available before i install the pack)Many airports are fine, I get rwys, and sid's / star's. It's just certain ones. Why is this? Many thanks in advance for anyone who offers me any help. KInd regards

YPants,Please sign your posts with your name as per the forum guidelines. Thank you.This will happen because there are errors in the terminal procedure files. Either pure syntax errors or they might refer to navadis in the AIRAC data that are not there anymore.I would suggest making sure your SID/STAR file version is compatible with the version of AIRAC you have installed and if that seems to be correct contacting the author of the SID/STAR file.Hope it helps,

Guest macjack

I have noticed that when I load a STAR into the FMC it sometimes includes a procedure for a go around as well in case of a missed approach. My question is: must I delete those legs in the flight plan in order to be able to land the plane if I am using an ILS approach with approach mode in the MCP? If yes, problem solved. If not, then what else must I do,if anything, if I keep those legs in the flight plan.I have spent a good hour searching on this forum but cannot find anything that appears to address this directly. Haven't found the right keywords to use I guess. Any help on this would be most appreciated.Jack McAfeeEager and willing to learn

If you look on the LEGS page you will see the go-around points lead to a holding pattern after the runway (be sure any DISCOs are closed when you insert the STAR then IAP). It is not necessary to delete those as NAV guidance ends at touchdown automaticly or at your command. Autothrottle disables on wheel contact.To initiate a go-around before the wheels touch either press the TOGA hot spot or fully advance the throttles, make sure LNAV is engaged or just manually control the aircraft using eventually the MCP. If you engage LNAV aas you steer toward the holding point the aircraft should enter the hold defined in the procedure. This is why should not delete the missed approach waypoints as on the ND it provides a path to follow and allows you to follow under LNAV the holding pattern.