Sign in to follow this  
Guest gwm1959

When will we get the real 747 exterior start up sounds??

Guest gwm1959

Hi PMDG,I was wondering when we will get the true spool up exterior sounds for the 747 P and F. There is no starter/spool up exterior sounds for all four engines and there is zero exterior sound on engines 2 and 3. I have loaded the revised version and nothing changed. Several sound files like jet 12 and jet 13 are esentially blank (28 kb vs 400 kb for jet 11 and jet 14)in the sound folder. I am assuming this may have been to by-pass some problems in order to release the 747F. I love all your products. I work a few hundred feet from where 747's fire up and I really miss the starter/spool up sounds. Is this an item that is going to be fixed ?? PLMK. Thanks.Garth McNichol

Garth,We're gonna try to address this in a future service update. You're correct though, it was done as a workaround for a couple of issues that were going on with the pax soundset - not going to go into specifics, but we'll try to get it working...

Guest dt1951

When you do that future service uodate, would you move the engines out of the cockpit and put then back under the wings? There is far too much engine noise in the cockpit.

Many folks have complained about the loudness of the engines but replies have been to the effect that that's the real loudnes in the cockpit. It seems pilots are issued more sound proof headphones because of it. I think PMDG should have left the sound to simulate a pilot WITH those headphones vice without. Hope I'm on the right subject here.