Sign in to follow this  
Guest yoyomike

PMDG 747 WINDS function anomaly

Guest yoyomike

Hi guys, I was reading through the PMDG 747-400F updates for the -400 passenger version and I noted one of the important fixes was the non-deletion of winds information for waypoints along the route when the pilot executes a "direct to waypoint" command. However, I noticed that winds information is still deleted when there is a route modification on the DEP/ARR page. I first encountered this departing on a simulated transpacific flight, when ATC informed me of a runway change. As soon as I entered the new runway in, "INSUFFICIENT FUEL" appeared, and when i checked the winds page, all the inputting I had done was erased.It also happens on changing arrivals. Many times, inflight, I changed arrival runways for the destination airport, and it also deleted all the inputted winds information for the waypoints, and instead, resets all of them with "w's" (W means the wind for last carried into the other waypoints.)Any input on this, gentlemen? Any help will be much appreciated.Thanks,Michael Buenaventura

Just to chime in also, I noticed that during engine out during cruise, from the update, fan rotation was supposed to windmill to simulate engine out but with wind blowing through. but it does not.just fyi.also, something has happened to the sound settings wherein engine start sounds are no longer audible, and engine spooling during fuel cutoff isn't as audible as it was before the second -F update.thomas

N1/N2 obtained through windmilling is a function of TAS (squared in fact) and density (in other words air momentum impact on fan). Under most circumstances you should be able to see N2 of the order of 50%. N1 is lower. Note that N1/N2 ratio in windmilling conditions are, different from what you see in normal operation. As an experiment increase/descrease airspeed and see what the effect is on engine parameters. A couple of our beta testers even took off with an engine out (pretend you ae certified to ferry flight the aircraft under these conditions and try it too).Needless to say all data are modelled since FS engines spools down to 0.0. Finally both the pax and freighter versions.Winds deleted after DEP/ARR -- sorry for the inconvenience when this happens.Best,Vangelis

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Guest yoyomike

Vangelis, No need to apologize. I'm just hoping that this can be fixed in any future patches. Winds really play an important role in flight planning, and I think this is a really important issue that has to be adressed :)Cheers,Mike Buenaventura