Sign in to follow this  
BobbyBond2

I screwed up!

Hello All -I think I screwed up something with my PMDG 747 for FS9. First my kinda apologizes if this has been asked, so here goes..1.) I downloaded the Airac 0808 and installed the PMDG data files.2.) Like a moron I didn't backup the existing Airac data3.) Now my runways in the FMC don't match. i.e. I was flying from KORD (departure runway 9R was showing up incorrectly on the PFD, almost lining up next to the aircraft) to TNCM (Cleared to land Runway 9, but FMC shows available runways 10/29.Any suggestions? Sorry for my stupidity! Thanks,

Rob Sciarrino

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

The Navigraph installer automatically backs up the old data, both the airac (aka navdata) under .../FMCWP/NAVDATA/BACKUP and sidstars under /PMDG/SIDSTARS/BACKUP.I don't have the current data at my current location to verify. But if you are using the default ATC in MSFS, it's not going to use the right runway number if the runway numbers have changed (unless the AFCAD is updated). That might explain the TNCM difference. For sure at KORD there are runway numbers that changed (9L is now 9R and 9R is now 10). Remember, the navdata updates do not change the info in the MSFS, only the PMDG simulation.So, no apology needed. The stupidiy belongs to Microslop for building an aviation simulator with static navigation and facility data, which in the real world changes quite often.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan -Thanks for the response and help. Actually I'm using Radar Contact instead of the MSFS ATC. Maybe RC needs updating?Thanks!

Rob Sciarrino

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Radar Contact get all Rwy info from MSFS when you Rebuild your scenery inside Radar Contact. For ex.if you bought a new scenery i.e. new airport, then you have to REBUILD YOUR SCENERY in Radar Contact so it

See the reply I posted in the RC forum.