Sign in to follow this  
downscc

SIDSTARS Updates

I have uploaded my latest gem to NAVData and the AVSIM Flight Plans library: KSJC San Jose. The departures from here are a real hoot to fly for their 180 amd 360 deg loops keeping everything close to the airport and staying out of the way of Moffett Field and SFO. I have also worked all the kinks out of the procedures that rely on FS9 VORs, which seldom have a radial just where current charts say they belong.This is my 11th upload and all previous files have been verified as current for Cycle 0604: KSAN San Diego, KBMI Baltimore-Washington, KMCO Orlando, KPHX Phoenix Sky Harbor, KMDW Chicago Midway, KDAL Dallas Love, KHOU Houston Hobby, KLAX Los Angeles, KPHL Philadelphia and my favorite KLAS Las Vegas McCarren. Thanks for all who have already tried any one of these.

Dan Downs KCRP

Great. We have the latest SID/STARs. Now let's see if SJ can make it through the NHL playoffs! ;-)Cheers and TGIF,

Guest D17S

Thanks for the effort. These are really . .well, real. I can tune out to two approach controllers and the tower for LAX. I've been "flying" out to various STAR check-in fixes and pausing the sim. I wait for someone to check in, then un-pause the sim. I then just use the actual approach controllers as my ATC. We had some real stormy days last week. It was a blast. Coming down the CIVET5 STAR, they had 'us' all over the sky dodging cells. It's a real kick to get handed off to the tower from approach, then tune in the real LAX tower frequency. I hear 'myself' check in. "United 8296, with you." "Roger United 8296. Los Angeles altimeter 29.89." I look out my PMDG 744's window and see RW 25L in the distance, LOC and GS all hooked up. Then hear the real tower say, "United 8296, clear to land." Hey that's me! That Sadde6 transition to SMO for RW24R is a great ride too. It

We've really got a terrific thing going over here. Great job.Silly (past, over and done with, ancient history)arguments aside, I couldn't agree more.P.S. Sam, I have some reading material you may be interested in, having read some of your posts elsewhere, I figure this may be something you'd like to have a look at.My e-mail is bjdoney @ comcast.net.Take care.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Thank you for the comments, I really appreciate it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest diskus

THere is something to be said for sitting on a bay area hill top with scanner in hand watching the various approaches and takeoffs from the three major airports simaltaneously and thinking " wow that is a wierd one" then going home and flying it yourself... not that I would ever admit to doing that LOLMike B

Now I'm blushing, seems I made a last minute edit to the ksjc.txt file and didn't check it... oh well. Mike B kindly advised me offline of the problem and I do appreciate it. It has been fixed, uploaded to both NAVData and AVSIM (which may take until the evening to be available). It's available now at NAVData http://www.navdata.at/index.phpAgain, sorry for that. I know better, just got in a hurry.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest D17S

Sometimes there's a new guy that just struggles with the read-backs. I actually have a cockpit to sit in and sometimes my biggest challenge is trying to keep my hands of that mic!