Sign in to follow this  
pilotwannabe

What Causes Flap Movement on a Cold and Dark 744?

Upon loading up a cold & dark situation and moving the flap handle out of the up position, the leading edge devices start to deploy (slowly) and there is a slight movement in the trailing edge flaps as well (you have to view this from the outside as the displays are obviously dark). What is providing power for the flaps to move? When you establish electrical power (several minutes after moving the flap handle) and the EICAS display comes alive, it shows that the flaps have moved almost to the FLAPS 5 position.Rushad

Guest pierre974

Maybe the answer is in the Type Rating Lesson 1 ?

Rushad-(I think Pierre didn't understand your question....)Interesting find- not sure why that is happening. If the airplane is completely depowered, there should be no movement.I wonder if Lefteris might have missed on a lockout someplace- but it seems pretty minor.....

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Jock in a Frock

I don't get that action, I don't get any flap movement until the hydraulic system is pressurised.Andy Scholes.

Without looking into things too deeply, probably the minimum requirements for normal pneumatic LE deployment would be bleed air and Standby Power. Bleed air could be coming from a ground source. However, you say you are on a totally dead ship, so that means no flap control.Alternate (electric) Flaps requires main bus power.Cheers.Q>

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

yeah but nevertheless, since theres no electric power the trailing edge flaps should not moveI think this is rather an FS issue since the same happens with default planes either and I also have seen this on other add-on planescould be wrong of course, just my two cents