Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ricardo Sevarant

Free 747-400 cockpit videos

Guest Ricardo Sevarant

Hi,I thought it would be fun to start a thread wherein everyone could post links to freeware 747-400 cockpit videos they may have come across on the internet. A great way to see how the real thing works! I'm sure there are many great payware videos of course, but I thought it would be neat to share links to freeware videos everyone can see and share, etc.Here are two videos from A340.net - the first a Lufthansa 747 starting engines, taxiing, and taking off, while the second one is the same aircraft landing in San Francisco. These are both download links for .zip files from A340.netB747-400 takeoff (from cockpit): http://abandonsoft.co.uk/a340/744tofra.zipB747-400 landing (from cockpit):http://www.fsaviation.com/~airvideo/a340/1a/bc/747sfo.zip

Guest Ricardo Sevarant

One lucky German F/O there - he got to do both the takeoff and landing on that leg. The gray-haired Captain grabs it away from the kid when it's time to taxi though, hehe, that must be the hard part! I've got another of a Cathay-Pacific -400 in-the-cockpit video, takeoff roll and climbout from ELHR. I can't remember where I got it and I'll have to double-check the copyright info before I can post it. If any of you other guys happen to come across some more good -400 freeware videos, please post the links, thanks!

Guest Ricardo Sevarant

So that's what the center pedestal is for: holding doughnuts! My kind of flight crew :)Cool vid, thanks Jacob.

Guest fsfreak2004

Rico,Nice videos! Would you mind sending me the cathay video by e-mail if it isnt too much trouble?jp.bart@videotron.caThanks a lot, Alex CYUL

Guest Stefan Bergert

Hi!Just as info: the 2 videos Ricardo mentioned in his post are obviously taken from www.a340.net (there are a lot of more free videos there)Stefan

Guest fsfreak2004

Thanks, a lot! Those RR's in the video sound exactly like the pmdg RR's!Alex

That video is illegal as it infringes copyright.Part of the ITVV series.I have seen it before and actually bought it on the strength of that copy so, It was good advertising.The whole program covers taxi, takeoff (which is what you see in this one) then goes into the 744 simualator at Hong Kong so the instruments can be explained. The video finishes, rejoining the Cathay flight approaching Kai Tak. Last's for an hour.Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/c130/c130_captain.gif

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Ricardo Sevarant

>That video is illegal as it infringes copyright.>>Part of the ITVV series.>>I have seen it before and actually bought it on the strength>of that copy so, It was good advertising.>>The whole program covers taxi, takeoff (which is what you see>in this one) then goes into the 744 simualator at Hong Kong so>the instruments can be explained. The video finishes,>rejoining the Cathay flight approaching Kai Tak. Last's for an>hour.>>Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim>User's Group' member at>http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/>Well, I think we're safe watching it on Google in any event. It's just a short, informative clip depicting a takeoff and climbout, nothing too hairy. By the way, where did you see this clip before you bought it? :) Have a nice day.

>Thanks, a lot! Those RR's in the video sound exactly like>the pmdg RR's!>>AlexYes, I think it's very close to it. But I wish the sounds of the airplane as it's rolling down the runway was close to that sound. Notice the low rumblings sounds of the tires and or vibrations as the airplane is rolling down the runway. I hope this will be included in the sound updates. This is the sound I've talked about in other threads. The same sound is also heard in the Virgin Atlantic video and other videos I've watched on the internet. I also would like to have the sounds of the brakes being released. I have other videos but I think some of them have been posted. Ken.