Sign in to follow this  
rservice

747-400x

I seem to have a couple of problems which have cropped up recently on the 400X.1) My joystick seems to be causing a jump out of autopilot mode when attempting to extend or retract flaps.2)When doing approaches and landings,the aircraft is not lined up with the runway and lands (autoland) "between" runways.I don't know if this a navdata error or something to do with airac cycles.Any suggestions welcome.Ron

Ron Service

If you have a registered version of FSUIPC you can "de-spike" the game controller to prevent the A/P trip. There is also an option in the PMDG menu that inhibits the A/P trip when moving the joystick in either axis.The autoland in the wrong place is not the navdata, autoland uses the ILS signal which is unchanged by any data used by the FMC. Rather, this has almost always been a problem with a corrupt magnetic deviation. Usually, it is caused by a add-on scenery. You can try to find the culprit by turning off all add-on sceneries in the MSFS scenery manager (this doesn't uninstall them), see if the symptom changes. If so, then turn them back on one at a time to see which one is to blame.If this doesn't work, give us a screen shot of the panel during the autoland. Maybe someone with sharp eyes can spot the problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you for your replies.I think the FMS data is screwed up for CYYZ on the PMDG 747,since my other aircraft (LDS 767 and PSS 777) both work correctly.I'm not sure what the best way is to fix this.Do I need to uninstall and reinstall or is there a simpler way to fix the FMS data?Ron

Ron Service

Ron,CYYZ is working fine for me so it's gotta be something system specific on your computer. Please elaborate on your navdata and any installed scenery. As indicated above this can cause the behaviour you are seeing.Also run the FS9/FSX Registry Repair Tool from the link provided below as I seem to remember the lack of path in the registry could cause this:http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=libraryHope it helps,

<>That is a trouble report? There's never a need to reinstall navdata/sidstars; they are just text files, but both sets of data should be of the same vintage. Like Mats, I think a little more information is needed to provide any assistance.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you Mats and all the others who responded.The fs9/fsx registry repair tool did the trick.I'll have to remember this one.I had run registry mechanic but it did not fix the problem.You guys saved me a lot of time and I was dreading having to reinstall.Once again I appreciate all the advice we get from fellow simmers.This is a great aircraft!!!.Ron

Ron Service