Sign in to follow this  
Guest pablo_gsxr750_aus

Lesson 1 - Why does it need to connect online?

Guest pablo_gsxr750_aus

Lesson 1, is it me, my PC or does lesson 1 always want to connect online before fully loading up?Why???Is there anyway of stopping this? Lesson 2 doesn't appear to do this..? Anyone help pls? Minor problem I know but I can't be online when I'm flying, that's all.Many thanks...Pablo

hmmm. i am not familiar with this action. i don't recall lesson 1 trying to connect online.scan your computer for trojans/spyware/viruses just to make sure.tomas

Pablo-None of the Type Rating Course lessons should cause any type of connection. Not sure what you are seeing- but I'm betting it's a coincidence.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

do you have adobe acrobat open during the lesson? As it might be using the web to try and get an update for the program as i believe it as an auto-update facility, this has happened to me before... if not then disregard :)

Guest pablo_gsxr750_aus

>do you have adobe acrobat open during the lesson? As it might>be using the web to try and get an update for the program as i>believe it as an auto-update facility, this has happened to me>before... if not then disregard :)Thanks to you all for your help, I've finally found the problem, it was the weather set-up in the file.exe!!! It's asking for a constant weather update and not the one off as per my system set-up. So to fix it I've just amended the text file from WEATHER3 to WEATHER2 and this has fixed the problem. Your help was still appreciated as it nudged me to think from a different angle including the acrobat auto update which I've now also switched off.Cheers...Pablo