Sign in to follow this  
Guest Celt

Exhibiting at IFC Global Conventions

Guest Celt

I'm curious as to why PMDG isn't planning to exhibit at either the IFC Global Convention at Denver, or the UK Convention in Birmingham? Engravity will be their with their FMC CDU units, and it would bee cool to see these units in operation withthe PMDG products, especially at the Birmingham show should be after FS-X is released . . . Come to the UK . . . pretty please . . .

Guest Celt

Would volunteering to staff the stand as a "pilot" help get a reply . . . oh go on, you know you want a nice Christmas shopping trip to Europe . . . ;-)

Chris-We haven't made any decisions about either IFC show....For those that don't live in the US- the IFC Denver show takes place on one of the biggest summer holidays in the USA....Since Independence Day falls on Tuesday- many families are planning to make a long weekend of Friday-Tuesday here in the USA. As such, it would force me to disrupt the family holiday of a number of people- something that I'm hesitant to do given how much time away from family the team already experiences.We'd like to attend- and if the show were any other weekend we'd have been one of the first to sign up. We'll see.... but no decision has been made yet.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

To add my two cents to this:I've been present to both European-side IFC shows in Blackpool that have taken place in the past couple years. This year, however, they've decided to change the time of the show, so it's too early to tell right now whether I'll be able to show up again in December.It's also related to scheduling - PMDG members are very busy preparing th e next line of products as you've read in our announcement and December is traditionally a very difficult month for travelling.No promises - we'll see.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Celt

D'Oh . . .as someone who has lived and worked in the US I should have spotted the holiday conflict for the Denver show . . . "hey honey we're going to a flight sim convention for the holiday" . . . "oh, OK, let me just call my lawyer!!!".I think a lot of us preferred the UK event in July, but I guess they are trying to put some space between the two shows, but putting it on at the NEC (National Exhibition Centre) is great because Blackpool was a very long trip for some, where Birmingham is fairly easy to get to from all parts of the country, and it has excellent rail links as well as road links, so I think the organisers may be onto a winner . . .