Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaptainCrunch

Post your TrackIR cockpit setup here!

Guest CaptainCrunch

How have you setup FS9/744 to work better with TrackIR?I have TrackIR4 and have had difficulty setting it up so the I can view/operate the overhead switches and also for the console between the seats. In other sims like LockOn I don't seem to have this problem.I have an X-52 HOTAS and I've mapped one of the hats to moving the eye point forward/back/left/right. This has helped but but its not *that* convenient. I was hoping to just twist my head down/right to see this. How have other people solved this problem?I haven't had much luck making it easy to see/work with the overhead switches. What I find is that when I look up, I'm zoomed in to only a small section of the overhead and my display (1280x1024) shows only a small handful of switches (small compared to the 2D version).I keep reading testamonials on how well people are able to operate the cockpit with trackIR and I can't help but think I'm missing an important cockpit setup.As I type I'm wondering if a field of view adjustment would help. Hadn't thought of that before. Not sure that's possible though.

I have TrackIR 4. I also use dual monitors.What I do is use the TrackIR on main monitor for looking at the main flight instruments and out of the window.The overhead, FMC, MCP etc I undock to the second monitor.The problem I find is when you hover the mouse over a switch in VC its a bit hit and miss as to whether it actually is over the switch. The amount of times Ive tried to increase altitude on the MCP in VC only for the cursor to come off the dial. Really frustrating in that respect.As regards the profile I just use the default FS2004, sit with my head pointing ahead and my back straight, hit F12 to centre the view then when I sit back the view is more or less perfect.Graham

>>The problem I find is when you hover the mouse over a switch>in VC its a bit hit and miss as to whether it actually is over>the switch. The amount of times Ive tried to increase altitude>on the MCP in VC only for the cursor to come off the dial.>Really frustrating in that respect.>GrahamGraham, All you need to do is to 'pause' the TrackIR at the view were you can use the switches. I have re-assigned it to 'Mouse 3' (Mouse wheel) This way while I'm pausing the view with my mouse I can then alter the knobs or settings. Then It's a simple thing to press your mouse wheel down to unlock the view?For FS9 I use the default 'Flight' setting within TIR.Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/c130/c130_captain.gifhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest ups1311

Hello there,I'm also having problems stabalizing Track IR, I'm using pro 4 with the PMDG 37.I'd be interested in seeing what profiles fellow pilots are using as I'm getting a little tired of tinkering.Thanks and regardsJustin Harvey

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Sure there is, it is for the 4.0 version of the software, independent of wether you are using the IR3Pro, or IR4Pro. FS 2004 - NaturalPoint Wayne

Wayne, you have no 'user' added files. Thats what I meant.I use the default 'Flight' file and have got used to it now.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest ups1311

I've given up on my Track IR Pro 4 with regards to the PMDG 737 virtual cockpit, I simply find it nearly impossible to use. I do however still(somewhere I think) have a profile that was sent to me by a kind individual for software versions 4.0+ for the Track IR Pro 4 which was the best profile I used, I'm happy to forward this to anyone who needs it.RegardsJustin Harvey

Justin,Why not upload it to 'Natural Point'?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest ups1311

As soon as I'm home I will do just that.Kind RegardsJustin Harvey