Sign in to follow this  
SubOne@YPPH

747-400 IRS Lineup

I have recently acquired the 747-400 and am having the best flight sim experience ever in the many years I have used computer sims; what a great package - this tops them all.Well done to the PMDG guys for providing the Type Rating Course notes for the 400; they are certainly getting me up to speed with the operations, characteristics and capabilities of the 400.I have a couple of questions that I would appreciate feedback on:1. Which is the correct procedure for lining up the IRS during a cold and dark start? I am a little confused between using the one published in the PMDG 747-400 Aircraft Operating Manaul and FMC Handbbok (.pdf doc on the website), or what was provided in TRC #1? How do you know when the IRS have aligned?2. Where is the best place (website) to get the latest versions/updates of SIDSTARS and Routes/Waypoints/Fixes/Airfields? I know that there are a couple of sites but I'm not sure if I am downloading the same date from them!!!I'm looking forward to TRC #4 so I can get my VNAV procedures sorted out - still a bit confused on just how it all fits together... Cheers,GuySubOne@YPPH

Regards,

Guy Burton

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The way I go about aligning the IRS is once electrical power is established, moving the 3 selectors from OFF to the NAV position. This will start the alignment process. You will then need to set the IRS position on the POS page of the fmc. Just line select the GPS position (LSK 4R I think) to the required field (LSK 5R I think). Sometimes you are required to enter twice (thats another story), so if asked, do so. You know the IRS's are aligned once the IRS count down timers reach 0+ and the displays should come alive. As for nav data etc try these:www.navdata.atwww.planepath.com

Alaister Kay