Sign in to follow this  
Guest Concordeguy

Flightplanning

Guest Concordeguy

Hey guys I have a problem. I try putting in the coordinates for the waypoints on the default flightplan but whenever I fly it takes me on a whole different route. I need help,or someone can send their flightplan files to me.;( Thanks Bunches, Christian A. P.S. I am fourteen so go easy on me here.

> Hey guys I have a problem. I try putting in the>coordinates for the waypoints on the default flightplan but>whenever I fly it takes me on a whole different route. I need>help,or someone can send their flightplan files to me.;( >>> Thanks Bunches,> Christian A.>> P.S. I am fourteen so go easy on me here.>Hi Christian,Go to this website to get your flight plans: http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/. Just enter the ICAO airport identifier in the spaces where it says Departure and Destination. For example, from Dallas Fortworth to Chicago O' Hare, you would enter KDFW in the Departure space and KORD in the Destination, and then click Find Route. You might want to print it out so you'll have it in front of you when you need it. If you download the type course lesson 1 by Robert Randazzo, there is a section where he explains how to enter this information into the FMC. If you haven't ready, read Chapter 12 in the PMDG manual, which is the FMC User's Guide. You can also download his other lessons, lessons 2 and 3. Ken.

Guest Concordeguy

I Go to that website all the time. I just want it to be more realistic for theplane to fly by the waypoints instead.

Guest Concordeguy

Also The waypoints show up but ATC tells me to go on a whole different route. That is why I need help. All help is needed and welcome. Thnx Christian

> Also The waypoints show up but ATC tells me to go on a>whole different route. That is why I need help. All help is>needed and welcome.> Thnx> ChristianHi Christian, I think I see what you're saying. I don't think the flight plans you get from RouteFinder will match those of ATC in flight simulator. If you created a flight plan using the flight planner in flight simulator, you'll see that the waypoints are totally differenct from those you'll get from RouteFinder and that's why ATC is giving you different directions. I think The ATC in FS only works with the flight plannner in flight simulator. I've heard that there was a program or something where you can use the flight plan in flight simulator and emport that into text so that they can be entered into the FMC but I don't remember what it's called. Do a search on that and see if you can find it. If I find it, I'll let you know. Ken.

Guest Concordeguy

Would it be under utilities?

Guest Andalouse

You can copy the route from routefinder in fsroute. (www.fsroute.com) There you can convert it to an fs9 FP. Then you have the ATC with the FP you wanted

Guest 747-NUT

Think it's called pln2rte.exe or something, anyway it's in the File Library section, I found it earlier today.Yes, ATC is a pain in the butt for FS9. It only seems to work with the FS9 Route Planner. Which is a huge shame, as the ATC really adds something to the game The way I do it, is grab a pen and paper, make your route on the FS Planner, mark down all the VORs + Frequencies as there are often more than one VOR called something, and sit for 10 mins typing it in... :()Can you image the long list I had for the San Francisco INT'l to JFK. I think it would be a helluva lot easyier to have a CO-Route, but havn't got around to mastering that yet.CheersMatt

Guest Concordeguy

where can I find .pln files to put into pln2rte?

>I've heard that there was a>program or something where you can use the flight plan in>flight simulator and emport that into text so that they can be>entered into the FMC but I don't remember what it's called. Do>a search on that and see if you can find it. If I find it,>I'll let you know. >>Ken. Hi Christian, I found the information that I was telling you about above. Here's the post from Ian:"There is a piece of software called PLN2RTE.exe that converts .PLN files to .RTE files. So you can plan your flight using FS2004 flight planner and convert it to PMDG format then load it straight into the FMC. It works for both 737 and 747. Just search avsim or flightsim.com to find it and its free."This should get you going.Ken.

Guest Andalouse

The site where i was refering to before for FS9 FP is in .pln format. So there you do export to Fs9 and you have your .pln file. Then you can also import your created FP in FS9

Guest 747-NUT

Hello, I think they are in your "My Documents" under FS9 Files, or something similar.Can't remember for sure as I did it last night at home, and I'm at work now... :() Pretty sure thats where they are though.CheersMatt

Guest Concordeguy

>The site where i was refering to before for FS9 FP is in .pln>format. So there you do export to Fs9 and you have your .pln>file. Then you can also import your created FP in FS9>> I did that and instead of going the following route:TVC SSM SSM9 RANGR COGLA YTS YFM YKL YDP PRAWN OZN EMBLA KEF METIL SKARD MIKLA ING ROSTI LINDA MY AB SIDER FORTY ADN NEW GASKO AKBAT POL BARTN LOVEL HON Instead of taking me that route, it took me on a high altitude airway to the Beiring Straight (between Alaska and The Motherland) then to England. Could you tell me how to fix this problem.

Christian!Use FSNavigator when you create your Flightplan.1. Export it to the PMDG 747 format.2. Also export the same FSNavigator flightplan to MSFS flightplanner.3. Import the PMDG 747 format into FMS under "CO ROUTE"There you