Sign in to follow this  
Guest Coafan

Having trouble w/ my 737

Guest Coafan

I bought my PMDG 737-8/900 last year around this time. I have tried to configure it, but it still does not work properly. This is a list of the things not working correctly:1) The autothrottle will not engage;2) The yaw damper will not work. I even changed the settings it needed in the aircraft file;3) The FMC will disconnect. For example, I was flying from KIAH to MMCZ. I had programmed the SID at KIAH. After flying the SID, the FMC disconnects. Then it starts a left hand turn;4) The engines will not restart after they have turned off on the ground.This is is my first post on this forum. I thank you for any suggestions.Thanks,Chuck

Chuck,All but the last one is due to pilot error. And I'm not sure what's up with the engines. Basically you have to set your aircraft systems up correctly to be able to get the right behaviour out of this aircraft. No shortcuts. Read the manual, search this forum (these issues have all been covered during the three plus years the add-on has been out), follow the expanded checklists included in the manual and you should be good to go.Hope it helps,

re:2 - Yaw DamperI never had a problem. I would restore the original aircraft.cfg.In general, the 737 is a complex aircraft and is well modeled as such. As Mats stated, you must engage the systems modules in specific order for controls higher up the sequence ladder to work. There are no safe shortcuts.As a guide, look for yellow/orange warnings on the overhead. Many controls require the various pumps or bleeds to be functional. The yaw damper is one.re: 3 - FMCFirst, did you check the route for discontinuities after the SID?Second, if you are flying the aircraft outside of its performance limits and beyond the limits of FMC/AP control correction it can disconnect. Check your gear and flaps withdrawal schedule (especially watching V-Speeds and speed ranges as displayed on the IAS tape to insure you are within the safe performance area for each phase. Were any MCP readouts blinking?All of these are covered in the manuals and if warnings are displayed it is generally indicative of pilot error.Take the time to learn the aircraft and the procedures with practice will become intuitive. Run through the tutorials.

Guest tmetzinger

yaw damper and autothrottles are linked to electrical supply be sure the engine driven generators are on. your FMC problem sounds like a DISCO.