Sign in to follow this  
Guest Faro

slow reactions

Guest Faro

Hi,I noticed that while flying the 737-600 or 700, the plane is slow in reaction. Upon full aelron deflection left or right, the plane banks at a rate comparable with a jumbo.How can I arrange quicker respons of the aircraft. I have tried several joysticks an different difficulty settings but no noticable difference.Any help apreciated.Thanks !Faro

Well the B747 itself is quite manoeuvrable so if another airliner banks at the same speed then this wouldn't necessarily be wrong. Think about it, why should any airliner bank like a fighter jet? To see if there's a problem with your B737 open the lower EICAS screen and check the flight controls indications there (make sure you have enabled that option in the PMDG menu). If they show full deflection of the ailerons than everything is fine.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Hi Faro.I had this 'problem' when I first used 737NG. Then I realised I had my bank angle limiter set at only 10 degrees. Check yours. That might be it.Tim

Hi Faro, me again. If you can't bank more than10% in a turn then it is the limiter that's restricting your manoueverability. The heading selector has two settings, and though it is a long time since I played around with it I think the 'inner' mouse click controls heading, the outer the maximum bank angle. Play around with it while you are on the ground, find out which position moves the selector but not the display and if that's the problem you've cracked it!Tim