Sign in to follow this  
Guest fonz

rudder full deflection after rollout

Guest fonz

i have been getting full rudder deflection to either side after reverser retraction and the a/c slows to less than 35 +/- a few knots(flying the queen w/P&W4062 eng and the UAL old livery). i have tried the "remove my USB joystick" trick, while this is happening, but to no avail. i can recover to center(after removing joystick), but rudders are difficult to turn. they fluctuate very rappidly to the commanded side using the keypad. also i have noticed while this is happening is that i can not return to idle. it stays around 33-35%(with or w/o jot connected. programs while running in MSFS while this occured was active sky. and i have tried not running A/S but it still happens. programs i have loaded in MSFS are squawkbox but was not running it at the time. dont know if this will happen in S/B. my computer specs are listed below. all drivers are up to date. no other payware or freeware a/c's are installed. on another note. in the abnormal proceedures section re: engine out and verious other eng probles are we to select the transponder to T/A only? just curious as to why....AMD 4000+ clawhammer. MSI diamond plus MoBo. 2G corsair platinum. 320g WD HDD. NEC DVD. 20in widescreen LCD monnitor. windows 64 bit pro. EVGA 6800GS............................al

>i have been getting full rudder deflection to either side>after reverser retraction and the a/c slows to less than 35>+/- a few knots(flying the queen w/P&W4062 eng and the UAL old>livery). i have tried the "remove my USB joystick" trick,>while this is happening, but to no avail. i can recover to>center(after removing joystick), but rudders are difficult to>turn. they fluctuate very rappidly to the commanded side using>the keypad. also i have noticed while this is happening is>that i can not return to idle. it stays around 33-35%(with or>w/o jot connected. programs while running in MSFS while this>occured was active sky. and i have tried not running A/S but>it still happens. programs i have loaded in MSFS are squawkbox>but was not running it at the time. dont know if this will>happen in S/B. my computer specs are listed below. all drivers>are up to date. no other payware or freeware a/c's are>installed.> on another note. in the abnormal proceedures section re:>engine out and verious other eng probles are we to select the>transponder to T/A only? just curious as to why.>.>.>.>AMD 4000+ clawhammer. MSI diamond plus MoBo. 2G corsair>platinum. 320g WD HDD. NEC DVD. 20in widescreen LCD monnitor.>windows 64 bit pro. EVGA 6800GS.>.>.>.........................alIf you are doing an autoland, make sure you disconnect the A/P after touchdown, otherwise it's still trying to control the plane.- John

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

- John Drago

Guest fonz

cant remember if i did or didnt disconnect it, but that makes sense. will re-run the flight tomarrow and post results...... thanks john any idea on my other question??

I believe the transponder is put into TA only mode because I think that if there is a conflict it will give a resolution advisory that the aircraft may not be able to follow due to performance limitations (e.g. a steep climb in with an engine out).I was reading this somewhere, I think it was written by a 744 pilot - I may not have put it very elegantly though.CheersRudy

Rudy Fidao

Guest fonz

i worked.... thanks. anyone else with an explanation to the T/A switch position?...AMD 4000+ clawhammer. MSI diamond plus MoBo. 2G corsair platinum. 320g WD HDD. NEC DVD. 20in widescreen LCD monnitor. windows 64 bit pro. EVGA 6800GS............................al