Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

VHOJT

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by VHOJT

  1. Visibility and runway lighting when low vis during day 1000% need attention.
  2. The virtualperformancetool also has an A380 profile - haven't tried it yet, but their 737-800 profile seems pretty good. A good tool.
  3. The ability to save and reload a flight, which I am assuming this will have(?), would be a massive feature upon the FBW version for me. What I am not looking forward to is hours of test flights to make a PFPX profile for it for fuel-burn. A real shame Simbrief hasn't introduced more customisation and detailed planning options! Have 7900XTX unopened waiting for a PC to built around it to fly this plane (have a 4K monitor so got it for the VRAM) as my first venture into MSFS (still using P3D for most things as my ageing hardware copes nicely with it and everything "just works" at the moment).
  4. I'm pretty disappointed in Simmarket for this. They have gone down in my estimation. Yet another nail in the coffin.
  5. VHOJT replied to lucker931's topic in The Prepar3d Forum
    I haven't tried the new one yet, but this one does work for 3rd party PTP: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HDAWry5fRPU3dHCieboR0V9gI-Ghtahf/view?usp=sharing
  6. Oh great!
  7. Hi Jason, thanks for the reply! What are your settings like, and what sort of aircraft/addons are you using? Cheers, Rudy
  8. Gentlemen, thanks for your opinions! Keep them coming. If I can still get my hands on a new 7900XTX with 24GB, is that worth getting? Or is it too old-gen to be worth considering?
  9. Hello all - planning on a PC upgrade one day. What are your experiences with a 16GB graphics card for 4K? With third-party airliners/airports? Would like to have settings reasonably high, but maybe not crazily so. I am still on P3D but keen to try the inibuilds A380 and a few others once they release. Am a bit bummed the 24GB 7900XTX is no longer produced - other option >16GB seems to be the 5090 which is just crazily expensive. Guess it's a toss-up between 5070TI/5080/9700XT, but am worried it will be the old days of FSX and OOM all over again. Cheers, Rudy
  10. Hello all, I will build a new PC later this year, as I want to try a few airliners in MSFS2024 (I still use P3D on a 10-year-old PC). I want to be able to run MSFS2024 at reasonably high settings and have some traffic at my airports etc. I mainly fly add-on airliners to third-party airports, and am particular interested in the iniBuilds A380 that is coming. I currently run P3D at 30Hz Vysnc 30FPS. I am happy with 30FPS Vsync, but I have read about frame generation etc. but am quite unsure about it. I am a bit worried with the discontinuation of the 7900XTX 24GB graphics card. The only other current one >16GB as far as I can tell is the 5090, which is simply out of budget for this new PC. What card will be happy to run MSFS2024 at fairly high settings with 3rd party planes and airports in 4K? I would really appreciate your advice, as a lot of googling and research turns up results from when the 7900XTX was around. Many thanks for your help, Rudy
  11. VHOJT replied to lucker931's topic in The Prepar3d Forum
    Have sent you a PM with a link to the two fictional liveries PMDG had for it.
  12. Well it's over at simmershome.de, but it's all locked down. Don't know if anyone has a downloaded copy of it?
  13. VHOJT replied to lucker931's topic in The Prepar3d Forum
    I think it gets them from ActiveSky? Can help you set it up if you are having problems (also check their intro manual) but I don't think OC2 connectivity had anything to do with FMS winds aloft unless I am greatly mistaken.
  14. Hello all, If anyone has a copy of this program, I'd be very grateful. Impossible to download now. Kind regards, Rudy
  15. VHOJT replied to tesza's topic in The Prepar3d Forum
    Glad to hear it! :)
  16. VHOJT replied to lucker931's topic in The Prepar3d Forum
    The good thing is, we can open PTP files and have inibuilds, Tavers, Tank etc. liveries which are often better quality than the provided repaints anyway. If anyone is looking for particular colours, many of us I am sure backed up the PMDG ones (myself included), so if you are keen for certain colours, I am sure someone can help if you post in this forum :) Has anyone tested PMDG's 777 download to see if the installers are updated yet?
  17. VHOJT replied to tesza's topic in The Prepar3d Forum
    Ah word not allowed. Somehow I did it, but I just wish I could remembrer how. Did I send these? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FBhO3HsgZkT2iIJUz7CIZXEbXFfJf8xF/view?usp=sharing Give them a go. Maybe they worked for me? PS I am still looking for AI Aardvark MD-8x models if anyone has them :)
  18. VHOJT replied to lucker931's topic in The Prepar3d Forum
    I'll leave this link here to the PTP opener I've used that seems to work well - you will need to manually install the livery after it's unpacked them, but at least it is GUI. https://gofile.io/d/G4OAos
  19. VHOJT replied to tesza's topic in The Prepar3d Forum
    Somehow I got mine working with the files I linked you to above. That contains those models. I think I copied TFS models that I got sent from the first zip into my AIG simobjects folder - have you tried that?
  20. VHOJT replied to lucker931's topic in The Prepar3d Forum
    Another non-command line ptp opener is floating around too. Can share link if anyone interested
  21. VHOJT replied to tesza's topic in The Prepar3d Forum
    As far as I can tell, both the Avsim and Flightsim links for the base pack on the site you linked don't work? Unless I'm missing something? Thanks for the link though.
  22. VHOJT replied to tesza's topic in The Prepar3d Forum
    Hey mate, Here is a link of TFS A380/777 simobjects that a kind fellow on Avsim sent to me: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bRDN0VLK9FfZolk_Z1sj2msi5bk_VVI8/view?usp=sharing Here is a link of three zips that I have now in the C:\ProgramData\AIGTech\AIGAIM\temp_model folder for AIG: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16dkTDf3yoOjVI7IaeWCTei6ZnGRjMny7?usp=sharing I just can't quite remember how they came about...anyway...somehow between the two I got it to work. Later on when doing AIG, I found I had problem sourcing AIAardvark MD-8x models (which were also on flightsim.com). Cheers and hope this helps, Rudy If anyone cares to share the MD-8X AI Aardvarks, I'd be very grateful :)
  23. Hi there - I noticed when the updater opened, the command prompt came up and I happened to notice it was trying to delete .dll, .dll.config, .txt and another type of AIG file in system32, rather than its own directory. It seems to use a relative path to where it thinks it is rather than establishing an absolute path. It also installed AIG things in the system32 folder. They are investigating on the forum, but have said so far it is "my end". Not sure what about this script is "my end", but until we get an answer I'd be wary. Luckily I had a backup from a day ago, so have used robocopy while rebooted in cmd mode to replace missing dlls etc. When it runs now it is updated, it is fine. So not sure what the cause is yet.
  24. Hi chaps, Beware of AIG manager - when it tried to update, it ran a script that deleted files in system32 rather than its own directory. I am assuming this is a bug in the update script (did but now I'm going to ahve to restore backup. I will contact AIG. Was on version AIG_AIManager_1.3.10.1 and it tries to update to 1.4.0.1 word not allowed! Cheers
  25. VHOJT replied to lucker931's topic in The Prepar3d Forum
    Don't want to sidetrack thread, but the way Nvidia drivers are lately, I tend to think if it aint broke, don't update their drivers.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.