Sign in to follow this  
Guest taylorwass

What's wrong with my proceedure?

Guest taylorwass

Hi, I created my own RNAV approaches for my home airport Rockhampton (YBRK)When I click the TOGA screw, VNAV won't go back on, it says "unable crz alt." The missed approach goes like this.Track direct to BRKNHThen turn right and track 320 degreesClimb to 3500 feet.My proceedure goes like this RNW 15 FIX OVERFLY BRKNH AT OR ABOVE 100 TRK 320 UNTIL 3500Is there another way of writing this so that VNAV will stay on and i can resume the approach without doing battle with the FMC which constantly displays "unable crz alt"

I can' visualize the relationship between tchdz and BRKNH, but my guess is that the fix BRKNH => 100 is the problem... afterall, track until altitude should always work. I wouldn't expect a 100ft constraint to be a problem since most minimums are much higher.. but delete the constraint just to see if the "unable crz alt" goes away.

Dan Downs KCRP

The PMDG 737NG is the best out there, but your right about this issue, VNAV may not be available during or after executing a Missed Approach Procedure at the destination. You may also notice that the FMC CRZ page MAY no longer be available to divert to a alternate either. The PMDG FMC seems to only allowed one flight to the destination and that's all. A real FMC just doesn't behave this way. Hopefully in the next PMDG 737NG offering, PMDG will correct this and I'm sure they will. I don't have the PMDG 747 so I don't know if that FMC and VNAV does the same thing or not. Good luck.Floyd

Taylor,Can you send me the procedure file for this airport - there are some issues with MA's in the NG and the pax 744, but I'd like to see if this is actually one of them or if I can fix this...rmaziarz@precisionmanuals.com

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com