Sign in to follow this  
Guest jayson2830

747 back in the hangar

To my best understanding, the sound within FS9 is unseperable. You cannot have both your 'on-board' and a seperate sound card enabled at the same time with one P.C.So whether you use headphones or speakers, it's always the same.This is not the first time this subgect has come up BTW.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hi AnthonyMy headset is the logitech Premium USB headset 350. here is a link to the websitehttp://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products...1&categoryid=72although this is a US site I bought mine in the UK at PCWORLD.I have only a single sound card and I get the plane noises in my hi-fi system and ATC from Vatsim only in the headset. I used nothing more than the leaflet that came with the headset, and the basic user guide that came with squawkbox3 to set it up. It was just a matter of following the instructions and it worked first time.regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest tmanaon

Thanks John. This is great. It means i can get back to VATSIM.Anthony

John,I'm confused, how do you manage to get two plugs into a socket that only caters for one?How do get two SEPERATE sound files to work independant of one another?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hi DaveI am not a computer tech, but I do teach electronics, as far as I am aware,the pc will treat the USB headset as a seperate sound channel. Therefore from the sound card outputs I have RCA (phono in the uk) leads going to my input of my hi-fi sound system so I control all pc sounds from there, which includes flight sim plane sounds. By plugging in the USB headset, and selecting it as a source from the menus in control panel sound, for Audio, playback is via my sound card output, Sound recording is selected as the USB headset, and under voice the USB headset is selected for both options there, and in squawkbox 3 under options then voice I have the USB headset selected for both input and output devices. But as has been said before, this only works for online, in my case with Vatsim and squawkbox 3 as my online interface. It will not work with ATC from flightsim itself as all sounds would come through the loudspeakers. Hope this helps to explain my setup, which I learned about on here many months ago.regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Dang, I thought most knew about usb headsets! If flying online, this is the only way to go. I have a 5 speaker surround sound system for all aircraft ops and my little old 25 dollar Plantronics (sp?) headset with boom mic attached to the computer for all ATC stuff. Makes things a lot easier and more real actually. I use the volume control on the headset itself if I cannot hear the controller...never fails to work.

Eric