Sign in to follow this  
Guest nat2005

Confused: Assumed Temperature, and RTOW

Guest nat2005

Hi all,Ill start with the Assumed Temps:I was reading the example on PMDG OPS of how to use the Assumed Temps charts, and can

>Then you make sure that the weight in the colum (397100) isnt>greater than the CLIMB LIMIT weight on the left (400900) which>it isnt. Wrong here. When looking for climb-limit data you have to move ALL the way to the RIGHT (to number 381900). 400900 is in the wrong column and I am not sure what's the significance of this column but it is not the climb data.>What are the normal RTOW calculations? RTOW is in my opinion TOW adjusted for wind and pressure as the bottom of the table shows although don't ask me how to do pressure correction.Michael J.

I was told by a CX F/O that RTOW stands for 'Regulated Take Off Weight'.

Guest nat2005

Hi,Thanks for the reply,Thats where i went wrong :) Strange though as i thought the 1st colum was the CLIMB LIMIT colum, as it has C LIMIT above it, the 2nd colum for 09L and the 3rd for 09R...? If not anyone know what the 1st colum is, and which colum is for 09L and which for 09R?Thanks,Nat

>1st colum was the CLIMB LIMIT colum, as it has C LIMIT aboveNat,In fact you are probably right. I looked closely at the table for runways 22L/R at JFK, these runways have vastly different lenghts so they offer a better case to study. This is the idea - the runways that point in the same geographical direction share the same climb data (that should be obvious) regardless how long they are and the first (weight) column is indeed this climb data. The second weight column has field data for runway 22L and the third weight column has data for runway 22R. So yes, thanks for forcing us to look at it again - feel free to update the text in the PMDG OPS (it is public domain).As to your remark about "C" I thought that this stood for Centigrates and applied to the previous column "DEG" but who knows your might be right again.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...argo_hauler.gifhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

Guest nat2005

Hi,Missed the DEG, yeah your right, that will be with the C :)Thanks for the reply and ill see if i can update the text,Nat