Sign in to follow this  
TomEDDW

Really need help with VNAV DES!!!

Hey!Everytime I descent enroute (Due to traffic or so...) using VNAV, the DES page activates and the CRZ-Page will never show up again for the rest of the flight...even if there are 2000 NMs to go...So...is it possible to get the CRZ Page back during flight??Need help!!RegardsThomas

Well, I think that if you open the PERF INIT page and load the new CRZ ALT and press EXEC your FMC will update it and "realize" that you are cruising and not descending.Jose Luis.

Guest tmetzinger

the way to do this is to change your cruise altitude on the CRZ page.Reset it (higher or lower) for the temporary change in cruise altitude.-Tim

I cant even open the CRZ Page by clicking it on the FMC. (CLB Either)hm...Thomas

Guest D17S

For the 744 . . . If you get stuck in Vnav's descend mode, press "Vnav" then "Prev Page" on the FMC. That'll get you back to the Cruise page. Enter any cruise altitude you want in the upper left corner boxes. You're back in cruise. Vnav will recalculate everything. However, if all you initially wanted to do was to change your cruise altiitude (up or down), just reset the MCP altitude window and tap (or double tap) the MCP altitude select knob. That will reset the Vnav cruise page altitude and you will get an immediate THR REF / VNAV SPD altitude change, up or down. (Hint: If you're wanting to climb and it just won't go, reset EICAS thrust limit to CLB or CON as required.)

The problem is that I cant use VNAV anymore after the above mentioned Problem occurs. Only MCP ALT and Speed.I have to end the flight without the information shown on the CRZ age (Distance to T/D and so on).Thomas

Guest D17S

The airplane next door has this problem, but the PMDG 744 will reset to cruise as described. Vnav > Prev page > upselect desired cruise altitude into empty boxes. Bingo! Cruise.

Im not flying the 744....im flying the 73G.Thomas

Guest tmetzinger

That's because once you hit DES NOW you've told the airplane that the cruise portion is over.If you need to change your altitude during the cruise phase of the flight, just do it on the CRZ page.-Tim