Sign in to follow this  
Guest joey8507262

Low FPS during descent and approach

Guest joey8507262

Helo Pilots!I have the 737NG series and the 747-400 as well(only the pax).During descent, approach and landing the fps starts decreasing in panel and VC mode, the spot and the tower view are runing good.About 2miles final the fps is 6-8.After landing, during tha taxiing the fps is still the same and 5 minutes after shutdown the engines the fps goes back to normal.(737 and 747 is the same)I've tried with default and payware scenery, with activesky and default weather, with and without AI traffic but the problem is tha same.My last flight was EGLL-KMIA(heathrow pro and fly tampa miami).The miami scenery is more fps friendly then HP2, but the fps at heathrow was normal and in miami was very bad.I dont use very powerful settings, abut medium everything.I have a P4 3ghz, 1g ram, 256mb video card... so not a very slow cp.I have Level-D and Pss as well but they are working fine.And no other programs runing during FS.So this is my problem and if anybody has an idea, please write!!!!ThanksGyula

We have similar equipment. I see about slowdown to about 12fps around some sceneries.. Some of the commercial sceneries let you turn off certain features.. I've found benefit by getting rid of extra trees and fences (I don't recall how the fly tampa set works). Also, if you're using Active Sky, try using process & write throttles if you're not already. However, none of this is an issue with default scenery so you definitely have something going on. I can't help except to say I agree you have a problem. Does switching panel on/off (W) affect the fps?

Dan Downs KCRP

Ive just about given up flying with addon scenery, AI, heavy weather, because I run into the same problems. Not as much with default everything, so you might want to look for landclass files in the wrong places (like in scenery folders that also have an empty texture folder, or some say even a texture folder is bad), maybe mislabeled addon scenery entries, duplicate lines in the fs9.cfg fileHeres hoping FSX can handle more complicated graphics situations without bringing the framerates to a crawl

Guest joey8507262

The most annoying thing is, if i start my flight with that scenery where the fps was bad during landing, everything is ok, the fps is normal.And as i've written 5-10min after landing the fps goes back to normal.I've tried to decrease the scenery density but it dosent helped.I think the problem is somwhere the panel and the VC, because if i press W to turn off the panel the fps goes back normal but not in the VC.And ONLY with PMDG aircraft.Thank you guys for the reply.If somebody from the PMDG team read this, please try to help me.Gyula

something along these lines came up a couple of months ago, it had to do with the backup analog instr (alt/speed) on the panel..try a search in this forum on fps or frame rate and see if it comes up.. good luck. Might also compare the normal 2D screen with the expanded screen where the displays fill the area. If fps changes then I bet it's the analog standby.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest joey8507262

Ok, thanks, i will try to search this topic.Wont be easy.:)Gyula

Any update on this subject?Still plaguing my 73NG pmdg experience!Thank youRegardsGhiom Viguie

Is your AI turned on and how high is the percentage set?I suggest you turn it off and see if it changes anything.Karsten

Thank you for the reply and keeping this post alive.As previously mentionned, the AI Traffic setting has barely do not with the problem that exists only with PMDG 73NG. I don't know about the 747 since I don't own it.Obviously, reducing the AI helps, but does not do the trick.I have been a 73NG flyer for 4 years and noticed the issue recently. Since the only thing that has changed is FSUIPC and it widely interacts between FS9 and the 73NG, I would bet the revision of it is the culprit!Has anyone made a finding on that?Thank you and regardsGhiom Viguie

Gylia,Have yopu found an answer to your question.I have the same exact problem as yours.Please advise.On my side, I have checked:not coming from:- FSUIPC- stand by gauges- TCAS- sound file...I have no idea...Thank youGhiomKL