Sign in to follow this  
Guest manuli

737NG - N1 Mode engages during Final Approach

Guest manuli

Hello!I just started to use your 737-700, version 1.3.I did some tutorial flight and everything worked great.Some time I came to the final approach, the autopilotstarted to descend with the glide and followed the localizer.But some time, when I reduced speed to 115KTS(the VREF for Flaps 30

Manuel,sounds to me as if the alpha speed protection was activated. Did you have real weather with gusting winds and/or windshears?You should not fly down the ILS with Vref, but with Vref + 5. This is the standard wind correction to be added anytime even though you have no wind. Should you get more wind you'd add half of the steady wind plus the full gust factor to your Vref. This is all done to prevent the speed from dropping below Vref on final. Keep that in mind and your A/T shouldn't go N1 anymore...Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest manuli

Hello Markus!Thanks a lot for your help.I tried it again with VREF+10 and everything worked fine.Can you tell me, when exactly the speed protection is activated?Regards,Manuel

Unless you were really light, a Vref of 115 for flaps thirty sounds pretty low. Did you go to the APPROACH page while still a few miles out and rekey your flaps selection with the current weight was taken into consideration?As already stated apply a fixed addition plus any needed gust correction for headwind relief.