Sign in to follow this  
Manny

PMDG wish list for FSX

Hi There...1. I hope when the PMDG747 is released for FSX, It would use the new Wing flex functionality of FSX implemented in 747. The current wing flex though is nice.. I am thinking, the FSX version would be better.2. Updated Soundmanny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest wfr

hi,....and additional:eye candy stuff:- stabilizer moving (outside view)- better simulation of exterior lights- tires blow up on hard landings or too hard braking- smoother movements of throttle and yokes in VC- smoother gear retraction animation- better contrails- visible fuel jettisonand more imortant things:- realistic taxi behavior (ground friction)- improved flight model as far as possible in FSX (realistic stall and stall recovery...)- weather radar and working radar panel (tilt, test, etc) (hope so!)- EGPWS (doubtful)- FANS (sorry. couldn't resist - I know, this will not be implemented :-))- more ACARS functionality (weather requests etc)- steering tiller functionality (without using the rudder axis)- optional paravisual display for low visibility takeoffs- gradual cockpit lighting- simulation of oxygen mask testing (as important part of cockpit preparation)- simulation of smoke in the cockpit / exhaust handle (overhead panel)- flight deck access light switch- working fuel XFER MAIN 1&4 switch- correct alternate flaps simulation- working indication test switch (lights) - more programmable failures- better working save and reload, some parameters are lost on reload (at least on my pc), especially when you are save and load a situation with the plane is established on ILS: I have to set the flap speeds (INIT REF), autobrakes and the ILS frequ (NAV RAD) manually again, sometimes the autopilot goes crazy...but maybe this is just on my pc).- fix of bugs discovered so far by the expertsjust my thoughts...looking forward for any improvements.thank you PMDG and good luck with your future projects!Walter

1. I'm sure that PMDG will take full advantage of FSX and all the new features and advantages it brings, to make an almost perfect product even better ;) 2. PMDG is already working on a new soundset for the 747, if I remember correctly.RaymondNorway

Guest Loiosh

Sad news. There are no changes to the physics or ground handling in FSX. So we'll still be taxing the same way with the same things we've learned to deal with.Oxygen test is supported in FS2Crew 744.Steering Tiller can be set to a unique axis. (Most people use FSUIPC for this).

No Changes? I don't know if it will have any effect on the Taxing, but there as some changes to the groundhandling:"Yep, we had to increase the fidelity of our ground handling on slippery surfaces. You can be the judge if we got it right. " -Tdragger

>1. I'm sure that PMDG will take full advantage of FSX and all>the new features and advantages it brings, to make an almost>perfect product even better ;) >>Raymond>NorwayImpossible! It's more than perfect even now.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest keiron

Proper contrails, i'm talking about the variable contrails thickness/length depending on what weather it is.better vortices and vortex effect depending on weather/condensation and all that.Airports lit up properly at night.A more realistic night environment.Exhaust heat/mirage effect (if they can do it on LockOn why not FSX?)The list goes on really what i would like to see, alot of it has been said and most of it i know i wont see in FSX. It's no biggy, i'm greatfull the new FSX is on its way :) and even more excited after having a blast on ze demo!

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

- working fuel XFER MAIN 1&4 switchWhats this?- gradual cockpit lighting- simulation of smoke in the cockpit / exhaust handle (overhead panel)- flight deck access light switchWhat for? Dude the plane is alrdy full details and those things above are of no significant use. The developers should better spend more time on FMC and AP and not on cockpit lights and smoke. And anyway, the cockpit lighting is awesome alrdy, better than most planes out there, no need for improvement to my mind.

Guest wfr

Hi Paul,Please do not say the above mentioned items are of no significant use (except the gradual lighting - I thought it would be a nice feature if it is possible in FSX).They are - at least on the real airplane.1) XFER MAIN 1&4 switch: Manually opens valves for gravity transfer from outboard to inboard main tanks (of course, this is not part of the normal fuel tank operation)2) smoke in the cockpit: this is an important emergency scenario and you have run an emergency checklist.3) Flight deck access lights: if you enter a cold and dark cockpit at night, this is the only source to turn on some lights in the cockpit (it's on the ground handling bus, if I recall correctly). Sure, it's not a must have, but would be a nice touch.As I said in my original post, the suggested items are just ideas.What PMDG will do or not, is of course their decision.RegardsWalter

Guest B1900 Mech

I think a major break thru,is the fact we can now drag the PFD,ND and the ICAS to a second monitor,and still have functioning gages in the VC!I hope PMDG can port this to the new aircraft:-)