Sign in to follow this  
Arnaud

Any known issues with Active Camera and PMDG?

Hi,I bought Active Camera today and am delighted with the product. Bought it actually for the only add-on aircraft I own, the PMDG 737NG series and the 744 and 744F.While exploring the programm today, FS crashed four times, and four times the .DLLs involved were different (only one out of four was linked to a PMDG .gau file).So my question is: is there any known issues with AC and PMDG ?I use fs9.0 unpatched and the respective latest Active Camera 2.1_0The crashes occur all the time in external view.Thanks,

Arnaud,I have not heard of any problems between Active Camera and the PMDG products. I've used A/C while testing both the 737NG and the 744 and I think most beta testers use it.Sorry I can't be of more help,

Guest FlyMD11.nl

Using FS9.1 with the latest version off Active Camera does the trick for me!Blue skies!Remco

Thank you for your replies Mats and Remco :-) Will try to figure out what's wrong my end then.

Guest snyperAL

"Bought it actually for the only add-on aircraft I own, the PMDG 737NG series and the 744 and 744F."And a wise choice of add on aircraft indeed!Is active camera worth getting? I went to the website and well, frankly i wasnt that impressed can somebody sell it to me here? is it just more views, different angles and such? or is there so much more to it that it really compliments the PMDG series as stated in the various manuals and whatnot?I apologise for not actually being able to help with your wee problem, but I can suggest "googling" it, if that helps.Alan M

Alan,It's been ages that I've been listening to comments about Active Camera, seeing many screenies taken with Active Camera etc...Couple of years later, I finally decided to buy it, and honnestly, apart from the small issues i'm having (which are not due to AC I think), I am just happy with it.It is just nice being able to get down the plane, turn around, walk on the apron around/under the plane with a free camera, and find yourself right into the scenery.Basically, it's nice for those who push the madness to the pre-flightinspection, and eventually want to get some fresh air right after engine cut-off after a 10 hours long flight!It's a cool little soft, and as you say it compliments very much the PMDG models, especially the 744s. It's worth the 15 bucks, IMO.Regards,

Guest snyperAL

Excellent response, thank you kind sir.I will definately look into buying it then, once I've figured out how many doors I've got to open!Alan

Guest fencer88

Hi Arnaud,I suppose you've read the AC manual and already know that you need to disable (ie uncheck) gradual transition in spot (external) view. I've used Active camera with PMDG'S 737NG - initially with a French FS9.0 or now an English FS9.1 - for a quite some time without problem.My question : you mention that you've had four crashes involving 4 different DLLs. Did all the crashes occur only when running the PMDG? How about the default planes?Hope this helps,Bruno D (LFPE)

Hi Bruno,Yes I've read the manual indeed, and got the gradual transition recommandation.The four crashes I got occured each time with the PMDGs, that's why I was wondering about any possible compatiblity problem.But the crashes always happen when I switch too often from one view mode to another, i.e flybly view, approach view, scenery padlock and external view.Like the silly idea to get out the plane when you're holding short the runway few seconds before take-off! I performed one long flight since then, I remained carefull int he use of AC, and had no crash, so I guess I was a bit too demanding, hence the FS crashes.Thanks for your support guys.