Sign in to follow this  
Guest dxbandit

fsnav and 747

Guest dxbandit

is there some reason why, my fsnav doesnt work with the 747, and if there is how do i fix this, thanks in advance ;)

Think you're really going to have to more closely define "doesn't work". Works for me unless you're referring to it doing anything other than being a moving map. I wouldn't even attempt to use it's AP functions if thats what you're trying. Jay EklundCAT VI Senior Captain KDENhttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/812321/764.png

Jay EKlund

UVA/GCVA Pile-it

Guest dxbandit

yes thats correct the ap functions are not working, is there a way around this?

It's my understanding that PMDG has programmed thier own autopilot and for that reason the FSNav autopilot will not work. The flight plan function works with the downloadable module from FSNav that converts flight plans to PMDG format.Owen

Guest benhoffman

Why not use the 747-400's own flight management system?Compared to that, FSNav, is at best, somewhat very primitive.

no way around this, and you would enjoy the airplane much more if you knew how to program it to fly your route (you dont even have to type the flightplan manually, only load). other things are mostly routine for me already...learn it, that is my suggestion.

Guest dt1951

Why in the world would you want to use FSNav in the FMC mode? The PMDG FMC is so much more sophisticated. The FSNav FMC is accurate to only 10 kts of indicated airspeed, plus it controls only vertical speed, not the manage best rate of climb. Trust me, when you have mastered the FMC and autopilot in the PMDG you will want to use it over FSNav. FSNav does provide a great moving map. I use it on all my flights. But you can't use the FSNav FMC with the better payware aircraft.