Sign in to follow this  
simpilot22

FMC Question

Having been given a crossing restriction that states "Cross forty miles from the Charlie Hotel waypoint at eleven thousand and at two four zero knots", how do I program the FMC to reflect the restriction? I'll have to create a waypoint 40 miles before CH, and designate the speed/altitude. I just can't find in any manuals the instructions how to enter the waypoint and restrictions. I know its there, I just can't seem to find it.ThanksChip B.@-@

I might be wrong as I'm not on my home computer, but I believe it would be CH/-40. Then upselect it to where CH is in the FMC, and it will place the point there. Then I would assume you just put the speed/altitude restrictions as normal.Hope it helps.

Mike is correct here assuming that the new waypoint is 40 miles before CH and not after. When it is in the FMC you can assign 240/11000 to it as per normal (use adjacent key on the RH side to enter).CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest pellelil

Hi Chip,I'm not at my PC right now but you should be able to enter it CHxxx/dd where xxx is be bearing from CH and dd is the distance. Often I simply use the Fix page to "draw a 40 NM range circle" and then manully decent (V/S) to "hit the 40 NM mark".http://jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannerbeta.jpgPelle F. S. Liljendal

Chip, what is the route you are trying to do. Maybe post it and I'll try it to see if I can get it to work.

Good to hear Chip. Glad we could help.