Sign in to follow this  
downscc

SIDSTARS Update for KSNA John Wayne Airport

Latest upload to AVSIM FS2004-Flight Plans and NAVData libraries, I have taken the current (Cycle 0609) procedures I developed several months ago and added transitions between STARS and approaches to use in lieu of ATC vectors. Both KAYOH.19R & TANDY.19R provide realistic routing from the approach gate to the final approach fix based on actual ground tracks observed at flightaware.The default approach from the East (KAYOH) was very difficult to fly because they keep you high (due to the Santa Ana mountains) followed by a steep descent to the approach. I developed a route that includes an arc which sweeps around the mountain and lines you up on final with enough path length for a more gradual descent. This models some of the actual tracks, others are vectors further North than the charted STAR (closer to POM) but my solution works without the need for this.The default approach from the North (TANDY) routes the flights West of the LA beaches and turns East towards KSNA Southwest of the airport and leaves you lined up for a right downwind. I modeled the actual ground tracks, which is a right downwind, base and track to intercept the final approach course for simmers not using an ATC package. The neat feature in this transition is the downwind takes you right over nearby Disneyland.I'd like some feedback on the TANDY.19R STAR-to-ILS transition. I have developed an algorithm that ought to work in most cases where vectors are a standard pattern (downwind-base-final), and if it seems to work for others I'll start including the optional transition in other procedures. Give it a try.Thanks,

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks, Joe. I'd like to introduce the transition from STAR to FAF at another location. Do you have a candidate?

Dan Downs KCRP