Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

disable failures and warnings

How does on disable all failures and warnings on the pmdg 747, I do not want random failures. thoughts??Peter

You have to turn the failures on or activate them to fail at random from the failures menu, so you shouldn't see anything fail by default. Not sure what you mean by warnings as you will always get some caution/warnings for incorrect set-up/operation

Alaister Kay

>You have to turn the failures on or activate them to fail at>random from the failures menu, so you shouldn't see anything>fail by default. >>Not sure what you mean by warnings as you will always get some>caution/warnings for incorrect set-up/operationSo , im flying along at 30000 feet , and then engine three shuts down, the fmc message comes on and an alarm sounds, I think I had all of the default failures set to off. Anyway the alarm went off and i could not seem to turn it off .By the way, are the engine and system sound volumes controlled from within the pmdg drop down box or the fs system, I try to adjust both but to little effect. The difficulty is that it is tough to hear the vatsim controllers. even though squawkbox is turned up fully. Peter

"the fmc message comes on and an alarm sounds,"The only alarm associated with the FMC is a single chime. A continuous alarm must have been generated by something else. What other messages were there on the EICAS?Was the aircraft stalling? (3 engines only may require a descent to a lower altitude).Cheers/Q>

maybe an improper fuel config? I know the dreamfleet 727 has a built in engine failure feature.

I would definately check that you have your fuel config setup properly to provide all 4 engines. To me it sounds like an engine is being starved inadvertantly of fuel and the FMC message you are getting is your new MAX ALT for 3 engine operation.Prior to any engine shutting down, you do not have any EICAS warnings, correct?Just trying to narrow it down.

>I would definately check that you have your fuel config setup>properly to provide all 4 engines. To me it sounds like an>engine is being starved inadvertantly of fuel and the FMC>message you are getting is your new MAX ALT for 3 engine>operation.>>Prior to any engine shutting down, you do not have any EICAS>warnings, correct?>>Just trying to narrow it down. NO I dont think so,Im sure it was not fuel , The eicas message was something about , eng 3 gen prblem, bleed problem, bus problem, not a fuel issue that i could determine,The the engine shut down and i had to restart it , I lost about 10k in altitude ( expected!), once restarted there was this loud alarm sounding noise that coninuted , not the static noise that everyone complains of.. ??I went to the menu and cleared any failures, but the alarm sound kept on ScreamingPeter