Sign in to follow this  
ckukmale

Persistent mouse pointer! (pic)

Hi,My mouse pointer persists (it doesn't refresh properly) over all 2D panels. It creates quite a mess.I started getting this problem after I upgraded my old Kyro-II 3D Prophet 4500 to a GeForce-4 4200. I'm using a Logitech Cordless Optical mouse (the "Cordless Freedom" thing). The receiver normally connected through the PS2 port using a USB-PS2 adapter. The problem is there when the receiver is plugged into the USB port as well.The keyboard and mouse are on different IRQ numbers from the video card.I've attatched a pic of the symptoms. Note the extra pointers -- after programming a route, it's a huge mess. This happens on all panels I've tried, including the default Cessna 172.If anybody has any ideas about how to fix this, I'd like to hear them.Thanks,Greghttp://www3.sympatico.ca/gregory.moffatt/sig1.jpg

Check your mouse settings in control panel... Make sure your pointers are set for Windows default. I noticed some odd things a while back when I was using the large sized pointers... Resetting to the defaults helped. Also, make sure trails are disabled...If you have everything at the default setting, the next step would be checking for a new mouse driver update, and another step would be sliding back Graphics hardware acceleration just a notch--which helps with some mouse issues. Hopefully, others familiar with your mouse/vid card combo might be able to add better help than my few suggestions...-John

Another thing that might fix it and Ive never tried this so this is a long shot is if you right click on the shortcut to FS2002 and then select Properties then the Compatibility tab and then select disable visual themes, this might disable the mouse theme you had whilst using the sim and then when you exit putting it back.I know youve changed it now anyway but change it back to how you had it and try that and see what happens, would be interested to know also.This is for Windows XP and maybe for Win 2000 only.Craig Kiltie