Sign in to follow this  
Guest sunstriker

Suspicious EMail?

Guest sunstriker

HiI just got an EMail from staff@avsim saying my forum account has been deleted...err maybe I missed something -to what does this relate...or is it some kind of trick to make us open a virus??Sun?

Hi there.DO you remember ages ago entering the avsim screenshots compo and then having to register so that you could put your shots in another forum which was part of the Beta forums I think.I got the same email today and I think its relating to that, the forum techies were probably doing some clearing up and just deleted that forum group so we got an email confirming it.Maybe one of the Forum Admin people would just confirm that for us.Craig Kiltie

I got one too and I'm not so sure about that. There was a glaring grammatical error and the reply to website with questions was not Avsim's. I contacted Tom with the info but haven't heard back from him yet.GeraldKMLB

Guest sunstriker

CraigYes you are right but it pays to be vigilant doesnt it there are lots of tricky sods on the net arent there lol?Thx for posting - actually I wondered if it was something nasty from fspl+++ cos I went there from a search link yesterday by accident. Incidentally the only time I was ever hacked happened just after Id been there !Sun

Guest Matt Johnson

This is correct. The massive numbers of "account deactivated" emails relate to the BETA forum, and [big]not[/big] this forum!--M

Well lets wait and see.I dont think its anything suspicious but thats just me...I hope Tom or someone will clear this one up as Im sure we were not the only ones to get it.Craig Kiltie

Hi there.Thanks for letting us know.I think it was related to the screenshots compo a while ago and we had to register in another forum which was part of the Beta forums to post our piccies.Anyway Thanks again.Craig Kiltie

wait, no... don't!!! :)Me bad. I forgot to turn off the account deactivation notice thingy BEFORE I deleted all the accounts from the forum system that we used to host the screen shot contest. I sent out a system wide FORUM ALERT that everyone here should have gotten (if you enable "receive email from forum system) telling everyone about the "oops". Ah well, I ain't no techno-geekazoid, so in the future, I will give everyone at least 3 minutes notice before I start flipping switches! :-lolSorry for the confusion folks (and concern apparently - nothing evil was intended).

Thanks, Tom, just being a bit too paranoid, I guess!GeraldKMLB

Guest sunstriker

OK that clears that up lolThx TomPS I am paranoid Sun